Creating and Editing Folders in Moodle
Moodle folders hold collections of files. Many instructors use folders to help organize their readings or other course resources. Please note, Moodle folders only hold files, they cannot be used to organize Moodle activities such as quizzes, discussion forums, or wikis.
1. To create a folder on Moodle, you must first go to the week or section in which you would like to create the folder, and then select Add a Resource. In the expanded menu select Folder.
2. On the new page, name your new folder (you do not need to add a description). Then proceed to add files into the folder by going to the section entitled “Content.” Click Add and then Browse on the pop-up window. Find the files that you want to be in your new folder.
3. Once you have selected all of the files that you want to be in your new folder, choose to either: Save and return to course or Save and display.
4. After you have already created your folder, you may go back and add more files later. To do this, go into the folder and then click Edit.
5. Once you’re in editing mode, you can click Add and Browse to add new files from your computer to your folder.
6. Click Submit, and your folder is updated.