Viewing and grading submitted assignments
- When students have submitted their assignments, the teacher clicks the 'View x submitted assignments' link (where 'x' is the number of assignments submitted) at the top right of the assignment:
- This takes them to the grade book where they click "Grade" to view and grade the work:
- With the Advanced Uploading of files assignment and Upload a single file assignment you have to download the students' files to view them - see (3) in screenshot below.
- A grade can be entered in the dropdown box (2) and feedback can be written in the text box (1)
- With the Advanced Uploading of files assignment, you have the option to re-upload their file with your comments from the "response files" button:
- With the Online text assignment, if you selected "comment inline" the students' work will appear in the feedback text box for you to write comments/corrections on:
Quick grading assignments
You may prefer to use "quick grading" by checking the box at the bottom of the submissions page. This enables you to quickly grade multiple assignments all on one page, rather than one by one in a new window. Simply add the grades and comments then when you're done, click "Save all my feedback" at the bottom of the page.
- When quick grading is off, the screen looks like this:
- When quick grading is on, the screen looks like this: