How to Use Discussion Boards on Moodle
A forum is a way to have online discussions or share information with your instructor and classmates
Posting a new topic to a forum:
1) Click on the forum's link on the main course page.
2) Click the Add a new discussion topic button at the top of the forum.
a. Give the topic a name in the Subject field.
b. Type your post in the Message section.
2) Click the Reply link at the bottom right of the post to which you want to reply.
3) Type your post in the Message section
4) You can change whether you're subscribed to a given forum at any time by clicking the name of the forum, then clicking the Subscribe/Unsubscribe me from this forum link at the top right of the window.
Some instructors may enable the Groups feature to divide forum participants into separate groups. If you want to see the forum posts for a particular group, select the group name from the drop-down menu that will appear on the forum's page. Depending on how the instructor configured the forum, you may be able to see only posts made by members of your group
Questions or Comments
Any questions comments or concerns should be directed to University Information Services (UIS) in the Technology Information Center (503)-352-1500 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org