Moodle: Importing Grades From Excel
To successfuly import grades back into Moodle gradebook, start out with a spreadsheet that has been exported from Moodle in the first place. This will ensure that your spreadsheet has all the proper fields with the proper values. The information on how to export Moodle gradebook to an Excel spreasheet: http://www.pacificu.edu/library/edtech/moodle/ExportingGradebook.cfm
- Bring up the Excel spreadsheet onto your computer. Save the file as a CVS (comma delimited) document.
- On Moodle, go to the grade book and at the top left hand corner click on the drop down menu. Go down to the “Import” section and click on CSV file.
- A new screen will pop up. Under "Import file" either click on the Choose a file button or drag and drop file into a field below it. Before you click on Upload Grades, make sure Comma is selected in the "separator" section below your file.
- Click on Upload Grades.
- In the new window, under the Identify user by section (to find it, scroll down below Import Preview section, make sure to change two fields (NOTE: The upload will not work if you don’t do this!):
a) “Map from” to Email address
b) “Map to” to useremail.
- Click on Upload grades at the bottom.
- In the next screen you should see a verification message about successful import.
- Clicking "Continue" button will take you back to Grader Report where you can preview all freshly imported grades.