Moodle: Importing Grades From Excel
1) You will want to start out with a spreadsheet that has been exported from Moodle. This will ensure that your spreadsheet has the proper ID numbers and other information.
- Here is a link on how to export to an Excel spreasheet: http://www.pacificu.edu/library/edtech/moodle/UploadingGrades.cfm
2) Bring up the Excel spreadsheet onto your computer. For PC users, save the file as a Text (tab delimited) document.
3) On Moodle, go to the grade book and at the top left hand corner click on the drop down menu. Go down to the “Import” section and click on CSV file.
4) A new screen will pop up and in the section that says "Import File" click on the Choose a File button.
5) Upload and browse for the excel document and then click on upload this file.
6) Before you click on Upload Grades, make sure you click Tab in the "separator" section below your file.
7) Click on Upload Grades.
8) Under the “Identify user by” section, make sure to change “map from” to ID number and the “map to” to useridnumber. The upload will not work if you don’t do this.
9) Lastly, click on Upload grades at the bottom one last time and you should have your grade book imported.
10) Be sure to go to the Grader Report after you have made your upload to make sure that your import was successful.
Questions or Comments
Any questions comments or concerns should be directed to Al Weiss (email@example.com, (503) 352-1417).