Migrating Files from Blackboard to Moodle
In order to transfer files from Blackboard to Moodle, you must go through three steps. The first is to create a zip file on Blackboard and save it on to your computer, the second is to upload the file onto Moodle, and the third is to unzip the file on Moodle and sort the files into weekly sections. This page provides step-by-step instructions about how to transfer files from
Blackboard to Moodle.
1. After logging into Blackboard, select the site of the course that you are going to transfer to Moodle.
2. Select the Build tab located at the top of the screen.
3. Select the link File Manager on the left hand side of the page under the menu labeled "Designer Tools".
4. Make sure all of your files are visible by selecting All under the scroll menu labeled Page.
5. Select all of the files you want to transfer to Moodle.
6. After you have selected the files that will be transferred, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the button labeled Zip.
7. A new browser should open, giving you options as to where you would like to save your zip file. Select My Computer to save the files directly to your computer.
8. Once the Zip File has downloaded onto your computer, save it so you know where to locate it.
9. Log onto Moodle and select the course site that you are loading the files to.
10. Select the option, Legacy Course Files on the left side of the page.
11. Click Edit legacy course files located at the bottom of the page.
12. Click Add and then select Upload a file on the left of the pop-up menu.
13. Click Browse and find the file that you downloaded off of Blackboard.
14. Select Open and then Upload this file.
15. Once the file has uploaded, click on the little white icon, located next to the name of the file.
16. Select Unzip to unzip the file and then Save Changes.
17. Return to the home page of the course site you are working with by selecting the name of the course in the menu on the left side of the page.
18. To upload files into a certain week, locate the correct week and click on the drop down menu titled Add a Resource. (If you cannot see the option to Add a resource, click the Turn editing on button on the left side of the screen under settings.)
19. Select File from the drop down menu.
20. Name the file and write a description of it.
21. Click Add and then select your desired file from the Legacy Course Files menu.
22. Click Save and Return to Course.