Uploading a File
You can upload all common file types to your Moodle course site, including HTML files, Word Documents, and PowerPoints. Among other files, many instructors use Moodle to distribute their syllabus, course readings, and lecture slides.
To upload a file from your computer to Moodle, use the following steps:
1. Click on the Turn editing on button at the upper righthand corner of the page.
2. Go to the topic or week you wish to add a file to and then choose a file in the Add an activity or resource link.
3. In the new window, Choose the type of activity or resource you want to add and then click on the Add button
4. Next name the activity or resource and give a brief description.
5. Then click Add to upload your file or you can drag and drop your file into the field below. ("Choose file" if you are using a Mac).
6. Once you have slected your file, click the Upload this file button
7. When you have uploaded the file, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Save and return to course
*Note: In the options section, you can choose how the student will view the file on their Moodle site.