Uploading a File
You can upload all common file types to your Moodle course site, including HTML files, Word Documents, and PowerPoints. Among other files, many instructors use Moodle to distribute their syllabus, course readings, and lecture slides.
To upload a file from your computer to Moodle, use the following steps:
1. Click on the Turn editing on button at the upper righthand corner of the page.
2. Go to the topic or week you wish to add a file to and then choose a file in the Add a resource drop-down menu.
3. In the new window, provide a name for your file and then click on the Add button
4. In the pop-up window choose Upload a file on the lefthand menu
5. Then click Browse ("Choose file" if you are using a Mac).
6. Once you have slected your file, click the Upload this file button
7. When you have uploaded the file, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Save and return to course
*Note: In the options section, you can choose how the student will view the file on their Moodle site.
Questions or Comments
Any questions comments or concerns should be directed to University Information Services (UIS) in the Technology Information Center (503)-352-1500 email: firstname.lastname@example.org