Uploading a File
You can upload all common file types to your Moodle course site, including HTML files, Word Documents, PowerPoints, and PDFs. For example, instructors can use Moodle to distribute their syllabus, course readings, and lecture slides to students.
There are couple of ways you can upload files to Moodle. The simplest one is to drag-and-drop files from your desktop straight into Moodle.
1. Click on Turn editing on button at the upper righthand corner of the page.
2. Drag your file from your desktop straight into Moodle until you see + Add file(s) here option appear and drop your file into it.
Another way to include files is to go through + Add an activity or resource feature. Go to the topic or week you wish to add a file to and then choose a file in the Add an activity or resource link.
1. In the new window, Choose File from the list of RESOURCES then click on the Add button.
2. Next give a name to your file.
3. Then scroll down to Content section and upload your file by clicking on +Add or you can drag and drop your file into the field below.
4. Once you have either dragged and dropped or added file to content section, you will see it displayed on the Select files window.
5. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Save and return to course.
NOTE: In the options section, you can choose how the student will view the file on their Moodle site.