In the Spring of 2011, Moodle was chosen by the University Technology Committee as the replacement system for Pacific's grayboard service. Moodle is an open-source Learning Management System (LMS), that provides Pacific faculty, staff, and students with course web spaces, discussion forums, online quizzing, and other instructional tools.
To access Moodle, go to https://moodle.pacificu.edu/ and use your PUNetID and Password to log in.
Faculty and staff can create a course site using myAccount.
Upcoming Moodle Workshops and Sessions
We hold a number of workshops that introduce Moodle to the campus and aid in migration.
Moodle Tutorials and Help Documents
- Navigating Your Moodle Page
- Beginning of Semester Checklist
- Setting up the Layout for Your Site
- Editing Your Moodle Profile
- Copying Course Materials from One Site to Another
- Adding an Announcement
- Uploading a File
- Creating and Editing Folders
- Adding a User to Your Site
- Adding Text and Images to Your Home Page
- Adding a Web Link
- Embedding YouTube Videos
- Hiding and Revealing Items
- What do all those Icons Mean?
Using the Discussion Forums
- Creating a Quiz
- Quiz Settings
- Adding Questions to a Quiz
- Using the Question Bank
- Using Respondus LockDown Browser
Using the Grade Book
- Adding a New Column (Grade Item) to the Grade Book
- Rearranging Columns (Grade Items) in the Grade Book
- Entering and Editing Grades into the Grade Book
- Creating Categories in the Grade Book
- Adding an Extra Credit Column (Grade Item)
- Exporting Grades Into Excel Spreadsheet
- Importing Grades from an Excel Spreadsheet
Student Help Documents
Questions or Comments
Any questions comments or concerns should be directed to the Center of Educational Technology and Curricular Innovation (firstname.lastname@example.org).