Welcome to the Editing and Publishing Center at Pacific University!
The publishing industry has undergone significant changes over the past decade as innovative technologies have bred new business models and given rise to questions about the role of traditional publishers in a new media culture.
For students who are interested in careers that will demand successful interaction with the publishing industry, the opportunity to gain knowledge and hands-on experience about publishing practices and technologies is invaluable. Whether you are interested in creative writing or in pursuing a graduate/academic career that will require scholarly publication or in working as an editor or publisher, the Editing and Publishing Center is here to help you!
At Pacific University, you can:
- Help produce an internationally distributed literary arts magazine.
- Design, edit and publish online journals.
- Read and assess poetry, fiction, and nonfiction submitted from writers around the world.
- Enhance your own writing and potential for publication by learning what editors and publishers look for.
- Play a part in the digital revolution and learn how to stay abreast of it.
- Write for newspapers, journals and literary magazines.
- Develop business and management skills, including building subscriber bases, marketing plans, and promotion and distribution strategies.
- Meet leading editors and publishers in the Portland metropolitan area and find internships with their magazines and presses.