e-Journals User Guide and Help Sheet
What are e-Journals?
e-Journals are the Library's web-based subscriptions to magazines, journals, and newspapers. The Library subscribes to nearly 200 Research Databases. As a result of those subscriptions, the Library has access to nearly 33,000 e-journals.
When do I use e-Journals?
Use e-Journals when the Library does not either have the magazine, journal, or newspaper in print or does not have the exact year/volume/issue you need.
To verify if the Library has the magazine, journal, or newspaper in print, please visit:
- Click on PacCat
- Click on Periodical title
- Enter publication
- Click Submit Search
- Read carefully the holdings information in the boxed area
- If the Library does not have the title/volume/issue you need, please use ILLiad to order a copy of the article
How do I use e-Journals?
If the Library does not have the title/volume/issue you need in print, please visit:
- Click on e-Journals
- Enter the publication's title
- Click Search
- If the Library has a web-based subscription to the publication, a listing of Research Databases will appear.
- Pay close attention to see if your year/volume/issue/ is available
- If available, click on the specific Research Database
- You may need to re-enter the journal name and article title
- Each of the Research Databases are different in displaying the full-text article