Approximately 500 collections of manuscripts and archival records are kept in the Archives. Online access to our collections includes:
- Thousands of historic photographs from Pacific University
- Online exhibits of selected archives, such as the Governor Atiyeh Collection and the Cyrus Walker Papers
- Browse basic listings of all the archival collections: Most of these collections are open for on-site research.
- Search detailed listings (finding aids) for 100 selected collections: All of these collections are open for on-site research.
- Records of Pacific University and Tualatin Academy from its founding in 1849 to the present, including: original charters and other early records; minutes of the Board of Trustees and other committees; records of the President's Office, the Alumni Relations Office, the Library and the Professional Schools; financial, property and construction records; records of clubs, sports and events; and other material.
- Oregon pioneer documents, including two Oregon Trail diaries, sketches, diaries and correspondence, 1840-1860.
- Scrapbooks and photograph albums of Forest Grove residents and Pacific University alumni, from the late 19th century to the present.
- Papers and memorabilia of Oregon Governor Victor Atiyeh, ca. 1945-2010.
Nearly all the material in the Archives is open to the public for research purposes. To consult or obtain copies of the above items, please contact the Archives: firstname.lastname@example.org
PACIFIC UNIVERSITY PUBLICATIONS
A selected list of Pacific University Publications kept in the Archives:
- The Index, Pacific University's Student Newspaper. 1892-1995 bound, 1996-present loose.
- The Heart of Oak, Pacific University's Yearbook. 1894-1996.
- Pacific University Bulletin, Register and Catalog listing courses, degrees, faculty and student names and other information. 1863-1999.
- Pacific University People, or PUP, the student directory. Various years 1948-1985.
- Student handbooks: various years.
- The Pacific Review: various years (student submited written work and art)
- Pacific Magazine and other Pacific University Alumni magazines, various years 1937-present.
- Pacific University Alumni Directory, 1983 and 1989.
- Pacific University Theses. Permanent copies are kept in the Archives; circulating copies can also be found in the main library collection.
The Archives also house:
- Research files on various topics related to Pacific University history, including notable alumni and faculty, buildings, and events.
- A comprehensive set of press clippings about Pacific University. See guide