Inventory of Archival Collections PDF Excel Spreadsheet
Approximately 500 archival collections of manuscripts and records are kept in the Archives. About 70% of these collections have been inventoried. Some highlights include:
- Records of Pacific University and Tualatin Academy from its founding in 1849 to the present, including: original charters and other early records; minutes of the Board of Trustees and other committees; records of the President's Office, the Alumni Relations Office, the Library and the Professional Schools; financial, property and construction records; records of clubs, sports and events; and other material.
- A small selection of material pertaining to the early settlement of Oregon, including two Oregon Trail diaries, sketches, diaries and correspondence, 1840-1860.
- A collection of handwritten literary magazines created by early Pacific University and Tualatin Academy students, 1857-1875.
- Scrapbooks and photograph albums of Forest Grove residents and Pacific University alumni, from the late 19th century to the present.
- Papers and memorabilia of Oregon Governor Victor Atiyeh, ca. 1945-2010.
Nearly all the material in the Archives is open to the public for research purposes. To consult or obtain copies of the above items, please contact the Archives: firstname.lastname@example.org
PHOTOGRAPHS AND SLIDES
The Archives contain over 10,000 images, mostly related to Pacific University and Forest Grove. Some of our more popular images are of early faculty members, students, sports and buildings. This collection is in the process of being digitized.
PACIFIC UNIVERSITY PUBLICATIONS AND THESES
A selected list of Pacific University Publications kept in the Archives:
- The Index, Pacific University's Student Newspaper. 1892-1995 bound, 1996-present loose.
- The Heart of Oak, Pacific University's Yearbook. 1894-1996.
- Pacific University Bulletin, Register and Catalog listing courses, degrees, faculty and student names and other information. 1863-1999.
- Pacific University People, or PUP, the student directory. Various years 1948-1985.
- Student handbooks: various years.
- The Pacific Review: various years (student submited written work and art)
- Pacific Magazine and other Pacific University Alumni magazines, various years 1937-present.
- Pacific University Alumni Directory, 1983 and 1989.
- Pacific University Theses. Permanent copies are kept in the Archives; circulating copies can also be found in the main library collection.
The Archives also house:
- Research files on various topics related to Pacific University history, including notable alumni and faculty, buildings, and events.
- A comprehensive set of press clippings about Pacific University, ca. 1950-1970.