—Submitted by Jenni Luckett.
This is a quick recipe that doesn’t require any rising time. Mix together the ingredients, bake for less than an hour, slice and enjoy. Found at farmgirlfare.com, the author of this recipe provides several variations based on your flavors preferences and available herbs.
3 cups organic all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp granulated sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill (or 2 tsp dried)
1 cup finely grated sharp cheddar cheese
12 oz beer
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, dill and cheddar in large mixing bowl. Slowly stir in beer and mix until just combine. Batter will be thick and a bit sticky.
- Spread into greased 8-inch loaf pan and bake until golden brown and cooked through, about 45 minutes.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool 10 more minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.