Save The Date for the Fair on September 1st
The Fall Work & Service Fair connects students with recruiters to learn about and apply for current internships, part-time jobs, work-study, and community service opportunities. Over 100 recruiters are expected to attend this exclusive fair.
The Fall Work & Service Fair is Pacific University's signature event where students and recruiters gather to discuss mutual employment needs. Government agencies, school districts, not for profit organizations, and business representatives visit the Forest Grove campus Thursday, September 1st from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in the UC Fireside Lounge, UC South Patio and Trombley Square to showcase a variety of opportunities.
The Career Development Center and the Center for Civic Engagement are pleased to partner with our co-sponsors: the Office of the President and the Hillsboro Chamber of Commerce.
Employers are encouraged to register early as space is limited. Before the fair:
- Registration forms available on the Career Center website.
- Submit job description(s) to CCJ to post or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gather organizational literature and job descriptions for distribution to talented and motivated students.
Students can make the most of the Work & Service Fair by taking the time to:
- Review the list of registered employer links.
- Research organization to understand what they do, review their mission statement, and learn which population they serve.
- Obtain job descriptions and determine fit. Click here to access postings for work study, internships, and part time jobs.
- Develop a list of questions to ask the recruiters at the fair.
- Prepare a well-crafted résumé highlighting skills and experience.
- Practice responses to possible interview questions.
Career advisors are available prior to the fair to assist Pacific students with resume consultation, mock interviewing, researching companies, and job application questions. Contact email@example.com to schedule individual appointments.
Additional employers are still registering! The final list of recruiters with their offerings will be listed on the program available the day of the fair.
Questions regarding the Work & Service Fair should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-352-2877.
Posted by Career Development Center (email@example.com) on Jul 25, 2011 at 1:48 PM
Edited by Ben Elliott (firstname.lastname@example.org) on Aug 31, 2011 at 10:48 AM