Employers, Students Invited to Spring Work & Service Fair
More the 60 organizations will meet with Pacific students at the upcoming Spring Work & Service Fair on the Forest Grove Campus.
The Spring Work & Service Fair is Pacific University's signature event in which University students meet with recruiters to discuss mutual employment needs.
Representatives of government agencies, school districts, not-for-profit organizations and businesses will meet with students to discuss a variety of employment opportunities on Thursday, Jan. 31, from 11 a.m to 1 p.m. in the Fireside Lounge of the University Center on the Forest Grove Campus.
Employers must register in advance and are encouraged to do so as soon as possible as space is limited. Before the fair:
- Complete a registration form, available on the Career Center website.
- Submit job description(s) to CCJ to post or email to email@example.com.
- Gather organizational literature and job descriptions for distribution to talented and motivated students.
Students can make the most of the Work & Service Fair by taking the time to:
- Review list of registered employers to target individual favorites.
- Research the organization to understand what they do, review their mission statement, and learn which population they serve.
- Obtain job descriptions and determine fit. Click here to access postings for work study, internships, part-time and summer jobs.
- Develop a list of questions to ask the recruiters at the fair.
- Prepare a well-crafted résumé highlighting skills and experience.
- Practice responses to possible interview questions.
Career advisors are available prior to the fair to assist Pacific students with résumé consultation, mock interviewing, researching companies and job application questions. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule individual appointments.
Additional employers are still registering: The final list of recruiters with their offerings will be listed on the program available the day of the fair.
This event is co-sponsored by the Career Development Center and the Center for Civic Engagement.
Questions regarding the Work & Service Fair should be directed to email@example.com or 503-352-2877.
Posted by Career Development Center (firstname.lastname@example.org) on Jan 11, 2012 at 3:03 PM
Edited by Jenni Luckett (email@example.com) on Jan 22, 2013 at 8:36 AM