School of Pharmacy receives $12,500 in scholarship funding from NACSD Foundation
During the NACDS Annual Meeting, the National Association of Chain Drug Stores (NACDS) Foundation announced $350,000 in scholarships were awarded through its 2012 Pharmacy Partners Scholarship Program.
Palm Beach, Fla. — The NACDS Foundation Pharmacy Partners Scholarship Program provided awards ranging from $1,000 to $20,000 to each pharmacy school’s scholarship fund to assist top-notch pharmacy students working to achieve their professional Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree. This year, the Foundation provided scholarship assistance to each of the 126 accredited pharmacy schools and colleges in the nation.
The 2012 NACDS Foundation Pharmacy Partners Scholarship Program was supported by a group of 29 benefactors, comprised of NACDS Chain Members and Associate Members.
The six largest scholarships were awarded as follows:
- $20,000 Apotex Corp.ayne Roberts Memorial Scholarship awarded to University of Rhode Island College of Pharmacy
- $12,500 Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Scholarship awarded to Pacific University School of Pharmacy
- $10,000 Abbott – Pharmaceutical Products Division Scholarship awarded to University of Colorado School of Pharmacy
- $10,000 NACDS Foundation Scholarship awarded to University of Georgia College of Pharmacy
- $10,000 NACDS Foundation Scholarship awarded to Rosalind Franklin University College of Pharmacy
- $10,000 NACDS Foundation Scholarship awarded to St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Pharmacy
“We cannot thank the benefactors enough for their support of the NACDS Foundation Pharmacy Partners Scholarship Program,” said NACDS Foundation President Kathleen Jaeger. “Their generous contributions for this year’s scholarships further illustrate the unwavering commitment by retail pharmacy and the pharmaceutical industries to advancing patient care and pharmacy education by supporting the next generation of leaders in community pharmacy.”
Since the inception of the NACDS Foundation Pharmacy Partners Scholarship Program in 1997, the Foundation has provided more than $3 million in scholarships for pharmacy students.
To view a listing of the 2012 NACDS Foundation Pharmacy Partners Scholarship Program Benefactors, please click here.
Posted by Brian Hess (firstname.lastname@example.org) on Apr 26, 2012 at 4:37 PM
Edited by Jenni Luckett (email@example.com) on Oct 3, 2012 at 12:04 PM