Pacific degree programs among the "Best Health Care Jobs in 2012"
CareerCast's rankings of the top health care professions include eight of the University's professional programs.
Eight of Pacific University's professional degree programs are among the "Best Health Care Jobs in 2012," according to employment website CareerCast.
Degree programs include CareerCast's top 7 health professions for 2012. Another program the University offers ranks 11th out of the 12 listed.
The Department of Labor (DOL) reports, "Wage and salary employment in the health care industry is projected to increase 27 percent through 2014, compared with 14 percent for all industries combined."
Following are the professions ranked by CareerCast, which noted that healthcare job opportunities are lucrative, rewarding and exponentially growing.
- Dental Hygienist (College of Health Professions)
- Audiologist (College of Health Professions)
- Occupational Therapist (College of Health Professions)
- Physical Therapist (College of Health Professions)
- Optometrist (College of Optometry)
- Pharmacist (College of Health Professions)
- Physician Assistant (College of Health Professions)
- 11. Speech-Language Pathologist (College of Education)
The CareerCast Jobs Rated report includes numerous health-care sector careers among its best jobs of 2012, with most ranking in the top 50.
Posted by Joe Lang (email@example.com) on Sep 21, 2012 at 11:16 AM