American Thai Foundation and Yonok Foundation of Thailand Present An Opportunity to Teach in Underserved Schools in Thailand
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to help improve the lives of Thai students and local communities in ways that will have an impact on the country's continuing development, while gaining experience working and living in Thailand.
We and our partner schools are seeking: Teachers of English at the K-12 level in Thailand. Teachers will engage in approximately 18-22 hours of teaching per week. Our teachers will be placed at underserved schools in the upcountry provinces of Thailand.
- A bachelor’s degree in any field
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish positive relationships and be constructive team player
- Proven ability to be creative, energetic, and enthusiastic in a variety of settings and to be adaptable to new environments
- Teaching experience and ESL (English as a Second Language) or TEFL (Teaching English as Foreign Language) strongly recommended
- Experience living/working in a foreign country helpful
- Music and/or sports ability helpful but not required
Application deadline: December 31, 2012, for the fall cycle; and February 28, 2013, for the winter cycle.
We will provide:
- Language and culture orientation, basic teaching training, supervision, and evaluation
- Housing and monthly stipend
- Work permit and visa
Academic year: June to March, with a two-week break in October
A few benefits of living in Thailand:
- An area endowed with natural beauty and rich culture and history
- Enriching language and cultural experiences
- Convenience to travel within the country and to other countries in the region
- Low cost of living—typical meals range from 20 baht to 40 baht (approximately $1); a sit-down restaurant bill averages 100 baht ($3)
- Convenient local public transportation; motorcycles can be rented for a low fee
- Amenities of a modern city in a charming, friendly smaller-city setting
For more information, please E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by Career Development Center (email@example.com) on Jan 28, 2013 at 4:21 PM