Oregon Professional Educator Fair
The Oregon Professional Educator Fair will take place from 9am to 3:30pm on Tuesday, April 16th at the Oregon Convention Center.
The Oregon Fair is open to all educators seeking employment as teachers, specialists, or administrators. Candidates need not be licensed to attend, but they should be anticipating licensure prior to fall 2013.
Pacific University will process the registration and cover the cost for initial licensure candidates. If you plan to go, contact Jennifer Bridgewater at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 5th, so you can get registered. In your email, include the following information:
- Your name
- Current mailing address (this is important because you will be sent a registration packet)
- Authorization level (ECE/Elem, Elem/MS, MS/HS)
- Endorsement area(s)
*If you are not currently in a MAT program, please register at www.oregonedfair.com on or before April 9th. The registration fee is $15. Those unable to register by this date may register the day of the event for $25.
The educator hiring market is expected to improve nationally from 2012, but be prepared for fewer than normal openings. Come knowing that the market remains highly competitive.
How can you prepare for the fair?
- It is best to have your application for teaching, counseling, administration or specialty area already filed with EdZapp Job Board as the majority of Oregon districts accept it from this service.
- Practice interviewing prior to the Fair.
- Bring materials you would normally take to an interview or to complete an application (e.g., portfolio or work sample, copoies of resume, references, etc).
- Dress professionally.
- Reveiw in advance which districts are attending the Fair. This information is available at www.oregonedfair.com (look for the "Who's Coming" menu item).
Attendees will be given a Candidate Manual at the Fair that lists all registered employers and what positions they have projected for 2013-14. Candidates should check district booths and EdZapp.com for more updated information on employment openings.
Representatives from Teacher Standards and Practices Commission will be available to answer licensing questions.
For more information, please contact Jim Buck, Fair Coordinator, at email@example.com or 503.661.5137. Payment questions should be directed to 503.480.7208.
Please note: Pacific University will have a booth at the fair where you can stash your belongings while you're out marketing yourselves. However, you must pick up your stuff no later than 3:00pm. We will not be responsible for items left behind.
Posted by Kimberly Blazejewski (firstname.lastname@example.org) on Feb 7, 2013 at 3:18 PM