Summer Equity Research Program
The Power of Difference: Enhancing a Community of Inclusion OHSU Center for Diversity & Inclusion.
Thinking about graduate school?
Interested in research, nursing, medicine, or dentistry?
Interested in research, medicine, nursing or dentistry? The Center for Diversity & Inclusion offers the Summer Equity Research Program an exciting paid internship for undergraduate students interested in dentistry, medicine or research to spend eight to ten weeks during the summer working with faculty and graduate students in a research and clinical setting.
Spend your summer working with faculty and graduate students at the OHSU Equity Summer Research, Dental, Nursing and Medicine Internship Program. Learning opportunities include:
• Hands-on experience in a research setting
• Clinical shadowing and dental observation
• Weekly seminars and meetings with fellow students and faculty
to discuss ongoing research
• A poster presentation of your research project
• Ongoing, personal mentoring about your individual career path
The OHSU Equity Summer Research, Dental, Nursing and Medicine Internship Program offers:
- An exciting opportunity to spend 8 to 10 weeks working with faculty and graduate students in a research setting, learning new skills, and gaining hands-on experience.
- Weekly seminars and meetings with fellow students and faculty to discuss ongoing research.
- An opportunity to present a poster presentation of your summer research project.
- Ongoing, personal mentoring about your individual career pathway from OHSU faculty .
- Clinical rotations.
- A paid stipend during the program.
- Free Housing.
Ebony M Lawrence
Center for Diversity & Inclusion
Oregon Health & Science University
O: 3181 S.W. Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239
SAVE THE DATE
Equity Research Program (Undergraduate students interested in Research, Dentistry or Medicine)
Applications are NOW available
Application Deadline March 22, 2013
Ted R. Lilley Cancer CURE Program (High School students interested in Medicine and Research)
Applications are NOW available
Application Deadline April 5, 2013
12 – 2 p.m., Vey Conference Center
Who Should Apply
The paid internship program seeks diverse students from underserved, economically and socially disadvantaged communities.
Applicants must have completed at least one full year of college coursework. The most competitive applicants will have completed coursework in mathematics and basic sciences, (e.g. biology, chemistry, neuroscience, biopsychology)
Our Focus on Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity is central to OHSU’s core values. “Be a great organization, diverse in people and ideas” is the first goal in our Strategic Plan.
OHSU’s programs offer world-class education for tomorrow’s doctors, dentists and nurses; for scientists and engineers; and for a vast array of other healthcare professionals. Embracing diversity gives us the power to demonstrate integrity, compassion, and leadership in healing, teaching, research and community service.
SUMMER EQUITY RESEARCH PROGRAM
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact the Center for Diversity & Inclusion:
Ph: 503.494.5657 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by Career Development Center (email@example.com) on Mar 6, 2013 at 1:22 PM