Meet with Recruiters at Career EXPO: The Largest Event of the Year!
Register online for $10! Get your $10 reimbursed at the event when you 1) attend a Career Center Prep Session and 2) have your resume reviewed by a Career Advisor. Transportation will be available. Sponsored by CDC as part of OR Liberal Arts Consortium.
Ever get frustrated by job postings that say "NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE" or been unable to learn more about a company before applying — endeavoring to dig deeper than surface website content? Then you understand the value of actual face-time with recruiters and can appreciate First Avenue Career EXPO — the place where students and alumni can actually meet directly with reps recruiting for employment and graduate schools.
First Avenue Career EXPO provides Oregon’s top-tier liberal arts and sciences students and alumni with the opportunity to explore career and academic opportunities all in one setting. Here are a few reasons to attend:
- First Avenue puts you on the fast track to meet with employers (100+ expected) from a variety of industries large and small, for-profit and non-profit — and learn about internships, summer jobs and full-time employment options you might not have previously considered.
- This is a great networking opportunity whether you are seeking employment, defining or re-defining your career goals; you can speak directly with representatives about the standards of their field.
- Gather the facts about graduate school and professional programs directly from 40+ recruiters eager to discuss the application process including prerequisites, personal statement/essays, admission tests, references, transcripts and timelines.
Register online for $10 fee. Qualify to get a full refund by 1) attending one of the "Prepare to Go to the Career EXPO" workshops and 2) having your resume reviewed by a Career Advisor at the Career Center. Schedule your appointment at the Career Center website click on "Make an Appointment" on the left menu.
Schedule of Events:
- 8:30 a.m. Van leaves Chapman Hall
- 9:30 a.m. - 10:45 a.m. Student check-in UP Chiles Center
- 10 – 10:45 a.m. Joshua Waldman “What Your Parents Can’t Teach You About Finding a Job”
- 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. First Avenue Expo: Explore Options
- 1 – 2:30 p.m. Link-In-Live! Real People, Real Time
The competition will be keen as Pacific students and alumni join more than 500 job seekers and grad school hopefuls at this premier recruiting event. Students and alumni from the nine sponsoring NW colleges and universities will vie for desireable career opportunities and admission into highly competitive graduate programs.
A little planning goes a long way. Director of Pacific University's Career Center, Brian O'Driscoll observes, "Year after year, the evidence is overwhelming: Those who do even just a little career planning will gain greater peace of mind and access to desirable career opportunities."
Posted by Career Development Center (firstname.lastname@example.org) on Mar 13, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Edited by Jenni Luckett (email@example.com) on Mar 19, 2013 at 7:47 AM