Job Opportunity - Resource Room Teacher
Sunnyside School District in Sunnyside, WA is seeking a Resource Room Teacher.
POSITION: Resource Room Teacher
Job Posting #025-14-05
PROGRAM/LOCATION: Harrison Middle School
HOURS/DAYS: 7.0 Hrs / 180 Days
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 2013-2014
Sunnyside School District
JOB TITLE: Special Education Resource Teacher
REPORTS TO: Building Principal/Special Education Director
UNIT CLASSIFICATION: Sunnyside Education Association
PRIMARY PURPOSE: The primary purpose of this position will be to provide students with instruction to assist those students meet goals as described in their Individual Education Plan.
- Determines specific learning problems, skill deficiencies, or social adjustment difficulties of students and initiates remediation programs in these areas.
- Supports instruction by providing tutoring for other classes when necessary.
- Evaluates each student in terms of initial needs and progress toward remediation.
- Prepares progress reports and year-end evaluations, administering pre-tests and post-tests as appropriate and necessary.
- Makes available a wide range of teaching materials and equipment.
- Provides opportunities for students to explore life and career goals.
- Establishes and maintains standards of individual student behavior.
- Work closely with other staff including teachers, counselors and school psychologists to help the students maintain satisfactory class work, homework and behavior.
- Meets with parents to keep them apprised of their child’s progress.
- Participates in MDT meetings as necessary.
- Prepare grades and progress reports.
- Keep current of new developments in the field of special education by reading journals and publications, attending professional society meeting and seminars, and discussing problems of mutual interest with others in the field.
- Other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Daily work will be assigned and supervised by the building principal. Interacts regularly with various support staff, students, parents and other district employees.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The daily work is performed in an office/classroom setting and at various sites within the district. The job incumbent is often required to: stand or sit for prolonged periods; be exposed to computer display terminal for prolonged periods; and meet externally imposed and inflexible deadlines. The incumbent is sometimes required to: be exposed to infectious diseases; and deal with distraught, angry or hostile individuals.
QUALIFICATIONS: Successful job incumbents will demonstrate a level of knowledge, skills and abilities as listed below.
Education and Experience: Bachelor Degree in Education required. Valid Washington State teaching certificate with special education endorsement required
Knowledge of state essential academic learning requirements and relevant assessments for reading, writing and math.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Demonstrated ability to work with students of diverse academic and behavioral needs.
Demonstrates experience, interest and willingness to work with students in an alternative setting.
Illustrates the ability to challenge students academically and to create a learning environment that is positive for students
Sensitivity to cultural and language differences.
Ability to maintain accurate records.
Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
May require the ability to produce accurate documents using word processing, spreadsheet and database software on both Macintosh and PC computers.
Licenses/Special Requirements: One or more of the following credentials is required:
•Valid Washington State teaching certificate with endorsement in Special Education
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT:
* * The list of essential functions in this job description is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary by determination of an appropriate administrator and Human Resources.
|Primary Location||HARRISON MIDDLE SCHOOL|
|Salary Range||$33,401.00 - $62,995.00 / Per Year|
Posted by Jennifer Bridgewater (firstname.lastname@example.org) on Aug 15, 2013 at 3:53 PM