Commencement Information for Current Students
Commencement Email #1 for Current College of Education / School of Learning & Teaching students
Congratulations on your upcoming graduation! Over the next few months, we will be sending updates to keep you informed about the details of Commencement. You can also find information on the Commencement webpage at www.pacificu.edu/commencement. Please read through this email, even if you aren’t participating in the Commencement Ceremony.
When and Where is Commencement?
- Commencement for graduate/professional programs is Saturday, May 17, 2014 at 1:30 pm
- It will be OUTDOORS on the Forest Grove Campus at Lincoln Park Stadium (the football field) – rain or shine. The only way it would get moved indoors would be in the case of SEVERE weather – tornadoes, lightning storm, etc. Rain does NOT fall into this category, so please plan accordingly (and be sure to tell your guests!) This means that even if it is raining, the ceremony will be held outside. Graduates will be provided with ponchos. Guests should be advised to come prepared for wet weather if it is forecasted.
- A Forest Grove campus map is attached, showing the location of Commencement. There will be a lot of signs on campus that day to let you and your guests know where to go. There will also be a shuttle available from the parking lots to the stadium, and those are marked on the attached map as well.
What do I need to do?
- Apply for graduation through Boxer Online!! This MUST be done before January 15! Simply log in to Boxer Online, click on “Apply for Graduation” and complete the requested information. Students who do not apply will NOT graduate.
- Information about purchasing regalia (cap, gown, hood) from the Bookstore will be available in early February. You must have the correct regalia in order to participate
- If you need to order a duplicate diploma (sometimes needed for licensure or certification) complete the attached form and return it with payment to the Registrar’s Office
- If you’d like to order graduation announcements, that can be done at www.cbgrad.com
- If you’d like to order a school ring, that can be done at www.balfour.com
- Photos from Commencement will be available for purchase from the company Grad Images. More information will be available as we get closer to the ceremony
What do I need to tell my guests?
- Tickets are NOT required for Commencement this year
- If anyone needs special assistance, accessible seating, etc. please see the Commencement webpage for more information www.pacificu.edu/commencement
- Information about local hotel accommodations can also be found on the Commencement webpage or by going to the Washington County Visitor Association (WCVA) website here.
Be prepared for the weather – even if it’s raining, or if it’s really hot, we will be outside so dress accordingly
Melodye MacAlpine| Director, Graduate & Professional Student Services | Student Life | Staff Senate
Pacific University | 2043 College Way | Forest Grove, OR 97116
p: 503.352.2253 | f: 503.352.2929 | email@example.com
Go Boxers! | 1.877.PAC.UNIV | www.pacificu.edu
Posted by Jennifer Bridgewater (firstname.lastname@example.org) on Nov 20, 2013 at 8:47 AM