Save the Date for the Fair on Jan. 30
The Spring Work & Service Fair connects students with recruiters to learn about and apply for current internships, part-time jobs, work-study, and community service opportunities. Over 60 recruiters are expected to attend this exclusive fair.
The Spring Work & Service Fair is Pacific University's signature event where students and recruiters gather to discuss mutual employment needs. Government agencies, school districts, not-for-profit organizations and business representatives visit the Forest Grove campus Thursday, January 30 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in the UC Fireside Lounge to showcase a variety of opportunities. The Career Development Center and the Center for Civic Engagement are pleased to partner with the Office of the President to sponsor this high profile event connecting students to a wide range of endeavors in the community.
Employers are encouraged to register early as space is limited. Before the fair:
- Employers register on Survey Monkey at this link
- Submit job description(s) to CCJ to post or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gather organizational literature and job descriptions for distribution to talented and motivated students.
Students can make the most of the Work & Service Fair by taking the time to:
- Review the list of registered employer links.
- Research organization to understand what they do, review their mission statement, and learn which population they serve.
- Obtain job descriptions and determine fit. Click here to access postings for work study, internships and part-time jobs.
- Develop a list of questions to ask the recruiters at the fair.
- Prepare a well-crafted résumé highlighting skills and experience.
- Practice responses to possible interview questions.
Career advisors are available prior to the fair to assist Pacific students with résumé consultation, mock interviewing, researching companies and job application questions. Contact email@example.com to schedule individual appointments.
Additional employers are still registering! The final list of recruiters with their offerings will be listed on the program available the day of the fair.
Questions regarding the Work & Service Fair should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-352-2877.
Posted by Career Development Center (email@example.com) on Jan 22, 2014 at 8:47 AM