May Commencement Ceremony Information
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT GRADUATION; PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE MESSAGE.
The purpose of this e-mail is to provide you with important information regarding the upcoming Commencement (Graduation) ceremony. If you or your guests have questions about Commencement, or if you need further details regarding any topic mentioned in this e-mail, please use the Commencement webpage http://www.pacificu.edu/events/commencement/ as your primary source for up-to-date information.APPLICATION FOR GRADUATION: If you have not applied for graduation do so IMMEDIATELY. This is done by going to your Boxer Online account through the Pacific website. If you do not apply for graduation, your degree will not be conferred and you will not get a diploma.
- The Professional Commencement ceremony begins at 1:30 pm on Saturday, May 17, 2014 at and will last about 2 hours.
- Students line up at 12:45 pm in the field house of the Stoller Athletic Center on the Forest Grove campus.
- Commencement takes place at the Lincoln Park Stadium at 2331 Main Street, Forest Grove, OR 97116.
- Commencement is outdoors so it is important that participants and guests dress appropriately for the weather conditions. Sunscreen is recommended if it is sunny, as is bottled water. Guests are advised to wear jackets with hoods, and other appropriate rain attire if it is raining.
- Leave personal items such as cameras, purses, etc. with family and friends before the ceremony. It is difficult to manage your regalia and diploma if you also have other items to carry.
- In keeping with the University’s sustainability efforts, no bottled water will be provided. You may want to consider carrying a water bottle; water refill stations will be available.
- Immediately after the Commencement ceremony, there will be a dessert reception for the graduates and guests on the lawn between two of the residence halls – Walter and McCormick. Please refer to the attached, labeled map for more detail.
- If your program is having an awards ceremony or other gathering, the program will send out information regarding that event.
PARKING & SEATING FOR GUESTS WITH DISABILITIES
- Most parking on campus is open, with the exception of spaces near the entrance to the Lincoln Park Stadium. A shuttle loops through campus to transport students and guests to the stadium area. Shuttle pick up locations are labeled on the attached map.
- Seating is designated for guests with disabilities. This seating is at ground level (no stairs or elevators necessary). Call the Office of Events at (503) 352-1557 if you have questions.
- There are NO tickets for Commencement this year.
- Regalia (cap & gown) is ordered through the Pacific University Bookstore. The deadline for ordering is April 8, 2014. Please contact Kimberly Bittner (email@example.com) or Jennifer Bridgewater (firstname.lastname@example.org) for order forms.
- Fax/mail order forms in with payment (instructions are on the form). Students need a gown, hat, tassel, and hood. The bookstore knows the appropriate hood color for your program.
- Students may order a souvenir tassel in Pacific’s school colors and/or a Gratitude Stole. A gratitude stole is a red stole that you wear during Commencement and then present to a significant person in your life. You do not have to purchase these – they are completely optional. Some students like to present them to a parent, spouse, child, etc. to show appreciation of their support through school.
- The Bookstore’s contact info: 503-359-1082, Fax: 503-359-1730, email@example.com .
DIPLOMAS & TRANSCRIPTS
- If you need duplicate diplomas for licensure or certification, fill out the attached form and return it to the Registrar’s Office via fax or mail. These cannot be accepted via email. Please get your request forms in no later than March 7, 2014 to ensure they are distributed at Commencement on May 17, 2014, as long as your student account has been settled with the Business Office.
- Official transcripts can be ordered through Boxer Online. Transcripts now can be sent electronically; please ensure that electronic transcripts are accepted by the recipient before finalizing your order. Additionally, paper copies can be mailed but they are no longer available for pick up at the Registrar’s Office. You can request an official transcript at any time and request that it be held until your degree is posted.
- Contact the Registrar’s Office with questions about diplomas or transcripts.
- Diplomas, transcripts, and duplicate diplomas will not be released if you have an unpaid balance on your student account.
- A professional photographer from Grad Images takes pictures as students walk across the stage and receive their diplomas. After the Commencement ceremony you can order pictures through the photographer at www.GradImages.com .
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Graduation Announcements - CB Grad Announcements, 1-800-433-0296, www.CBGrad.com
- Class Rings – Balfour, www.balfour.com 1-877-BALFOUR
Posted by Kimberly Blazejewski (firstname.lastname@example.org) on Feb 6, 2014 at 9:16 AM