American Diabetes Association Internship Opportunity
The American Diabetes Association is looking for an intern to help plan and market their largest event, the Diabetes EXPO, on November 22, 2014.
Position: EXPO Internship
Position Focus: Diabetes EXPO, November 22, 2014
Reports to: Jessica Goodrich
Time commitment: 10-15 hours per week
Availability: Spring and/or Summer Semester 2014
Are you interested in an internship with one of the nation's leading health nonprofits? Then the American Diabetes Association wants to hear from you. Though their biggest event, the Diabetes Expo, doesn't happen until November, the organization needs YOUR help in planning and putting everything together, either this spring or summer.
According to their job posting, "Candidate must be a self-starter, results-oriented and dedicated to the achievement of personal and event goals. Internship requires a creative thinker who is an excellent communicator, confident in leading projects and problem-solving, and has a passion for making a difference in the lives of people with and affected by diabetes."
Sound like you? Great! Check the more specific requirements below, then submit a resume and cover letter to careers.diabetes.org. Position will be open until filled.
-Major in non-profit management, marketing, business, community health or related field
- Minimum three years of college education (or completion of required prerequisite courses)
- Relevant work/educational experience
- Knowledge of office tools (Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Power Point, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in database management and design of spreadsheets
- Interpersonal communications skills
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of assignments simultaneously
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student
- Attention to detail and accountability required
Posted by Career Development Center (email@example.com) on Apr 9, 2014 at 4:42 PM