FINAL COMMENCEMENT NOTICE
Please read this entire message to make sure you have all the necessary information for the Grad & Professional Commencement Ceremony. Additional information is available for students and guests at http://www.pacificu.edu/events/commencement/may.cfm.
- Application for Graduation: if you have not yet applied for graduation, go to your Boxer Online account and select Apply for Graduation IMMEDIATELY. You must then contact the Registrar’s Office at email@example.com
- Ordered regalia (cap & gown): if you have not yet ordered regalia, contact the Bookstore at 503-359-1082 IMMEDIATELY
DATE AND TIMES
- Commencement is on Saturday, May 17, 2014
- Students must arrive at the Field House in the Stoller Athletic Center on the Forest Grove Campus no later than 12:45 pm
- The ceremony begins at 1:30 pm
OUTSIDE, RAIN OR SHINE
- Dress accordingly and tell your guests to dress accordingly
- If it is sunny, graduates and guests should bring water and wear sunscreen
- Please ask your guests to not use umbrellas because they block the view
- If it is raining, graduates will be provided with ponchos as they are lining up in the Field House; the ceremony will still take place outside
- If you would like to see how the ceremony looks and what you’ll need to do, here is a helpful video: http://youtu.be/pOJ8ideEFsw.
CARRYING ITEMS DURING THE CEREMONY
- Plan to leave personal items such as cameras, purses, etc. with family and friends during the ceremony. We strongly encourage that you carry nothing with you except for a water bottle.
PARKING & SEATING FOR GUESTS WITH DISABILITIES
- Most parking on campus is open, with the exception of spaces near the entrance to the Lincoln Park Stadium.
- Parking Lot M, just West of the Stoller Athletic Center, has parking for persons with disabilities or with limited mobility. A blue disabled parking placard is not required in order to park here. This area also serves as a drop-off point for those who need to be near the stadium.
- A shuttle loops through campus to transport students and guests to the stadium area. A campus map labeled with the shuttle stops is available on the Commencement web page.
- Golf carts will also be driving around campus to assist guests in getting to and from the Stadium
- Seating is designated for guests with disabilities. This seating will be at ground level (no stairs or elevators necessary). Call the Office of Events at (503) 352-1557 if you have questions.
DESSERT RECEPTION FOLLOWING
- A dessert reception is held immediately after the ceremony in the Quad between Walter and McCormick Halls. A campus map with this area labeled is available on the Commencement web page.
AWARDS CEREMONIES AND OTHER PROGRAM EVENTS
- Academic programs will send out information on awards ceremonies or other events that they sponsor
- If you or any of your guests need special accommodations, contact the Events Office at 503-352-1557
- A photographer with Grad Images will take pictures of you as you receive your diploma
- Grad Images will e-mail you a photo proof through your Pacific e-mail account
- Contact info for GradImages: www.gradimages.com 1-800-261-2576
- Information on ordering a duplicate diploma is found at http://www.pacificu.edu/registrar/forms/documents/DuplicateDiplomaForm.pdf
- Contact the Registrar’s Office to order transcripts
MEDICAL EMERGENCIES DURING COMMENCEMENT
- Call Campus Public Safety at (503) 352-2230.
LIVE STREAMING OF COMMENCEMENT
- Friends can view a live streaming of Commencement at www.pacificu.edu/tv .
- Closed captioning is available for guests at www.pacificu.edu/commencement/captioning. This can be accessed through a smart phone, tablet, etc. or can be viewed from the Main Gym inside.
Posted by Kimberly Blazejewski (firstname.lastname@example.org) on May 2, 2014 at 10:54 AM