Pacific University: Business Office


This section contains answers to Frequently Asked Questions. If there is a question that remains unanswered, please contact a Business Office Staff to further assist you.

Student Accounts

Important Payment Information:

Make a payment

  • How and when do I get a bill?

    Statements/bills are created in early July for Fall semester and early December for Spring semester.  A paper statement is mailed before each semester to the student's mailing address on file with the Registrar's Office.  Every month thereafter, if a balance remains, a statement is sent from to the student's Pacific email address.  Accounts are available for viewing and paying on Boxer Online.  Even if you do not receive an e-bill, any balance is still due by the due date to avoid late fees.  Please note: all correspondence from the Business Office will be directed to the student at the mailing address on record, UC box, and/or Pacific email address.

  • What is included in my bill?

    Charges may include tuition, fees, health insurance, room, board, library fines, student health center charges, printing charges, and miscellaneous charges from other college departments.  It does not include books and supplies, or personal or travel expenses.  The bill reflects all current charges based on the student's registration at the time of printing or emailing.  Arts & Sciences students enrolled full-time in Fall or Spring semesters are not charged for Winter term.  Arts & Sciences students entering the University during Winter term pay tuition and fees prior to registration.  If full-time enrollment is maintained during Spring semester, the Spring invoice will reflect a credit in the amount of the Winter term tuition and fees.  Any charges incurred after refunds are disbursed are subject to late fees if not paid in 30 days.  A student enrolled in at least one credit hour is also automatically billed for student medical insurance.  If you are already covered by a health insurance program, a waiver must be completed online.  See "What is the medical insurance waiver?" below.

  • Are books included in tuition and fees?

     No.  Books must be purchased separately.  The amount needed for books varies

     depending on the course load.  Students need to bring funds to purchase books at the campus bookstore.

  • Are there additional charges for music lessons?

     There is an additional charge of $325 per half-credit hour and $650 per credit hour for the cost of individual instruction.  Students majoring in Music may be eligible for a waiver of this cost.  Contact the Music department at 503-352-2216 to request a waiver.

  • When is my payment due?

     Semester payment plan

     Fall semester          August 15, 2014

     Spring semester     January 15, 2015

     Monthly payment plan

     Fall semester          August 15, September 15, October 15, November 15, 2014

     Spring semester     December 15, 2014, January 15, February 15, March 15, 2015

     There is a $30 per semester fee for the monthly plan.  Sign up and pay for the monthly plan on your Boxer Online account.

     There is a ten-day grace period before late fees are assessed to the account.

  • What are the late payment fees?

      It is $50 per month a payment fee is late.  There is a ten-day grace period for payment deadlines.  Late fees are assessed beginning the 26th of each month.

  • How do I submit a payment?

     By mail  -- Payments may be mailed if you are on a Semester payment plan.  Acceptable payment methods by mail are check, money order, or cashier's check in U.S. funds.  Please include the student's name and Pacific ID number on the check.

     Mail to:

     Business Office

     Pacific University

     2043 College Way

     Forest Grove, OR  97116

     Boxer Online account -- Payments may be paid on Boxer Online if you are on a Semester payment plan or Monthly payment plan.  Log onto Boxer Online.  Select "View and Pay Student Account" and follow prompts for making a payment.  You may pay by checking or savings account for no fee.  You may also pay by MasterCard, Visa, Discover or American Express credit card, which will incur a non-refundable bank card convenience fee.

  • Can I make a payment using a credit card?

     Yes.  You may pay using MasterCard, Visa, Discover or American Express credit card on your Boxer Online account only.  A non-refundable bank card convenience fee will apply.


  • What do I do if I can’t make a payment?
    Contact the Business Office as soon as possible to inform them of your situation and your attempts to make payment. They can further help you and give you advice on what to do for your situation.


2012 1098T Tax Forms for eligible students have been mailed, as well as posted on BoxerOnline.  If you are a graduate student and need to refresh your BoxerOnline login information, please contact the TIC at  or by phone: Main Campus (503) 352-1500 or HPC Campus: (503) 352-7243.



What is a 1098T Tax Form?


This is a tax form that includes qualified tuition and fees; scholarships, grants and other third-party receipts (not including loans or payments from student or family members); indication of at least half-time status; indication if the student was a graduate student; all according to the date they were posted to the student’s account, within the calendar tax year.

Important note: Usually tuition charges and fees for the Spring semester are charged to the student’s account in the preceding November/December timeframe and therefore, are included in the tax form for the calendar tax year preceding the start date of the Spring semester, with Box 7 check-marked to indicate that a portion of the tuition charges and fees in Box 2, are for an academic period beginning January-March of the following year.  However, Spring semester’s financial aid that would be reported in Box 5 -scholarships, grants and other third-party receipts (not including loans or payments from student or family members), does not post to the student’s account until after January 1st, therefore is reported on the following tax year’s 1098T form. 

Additionally important to note:  Educational institutions can report either in Box 1 (payments) or Box 2 (qualified tuition and fees), but not both.  Pacific University has always reported the Box 2 method, therefore, please understand that payments you make to your account are not reported by the University.  If you file your tax return based on what you paid for qualified tuition and fees, the University’s 1098T tax form does not include that information and your supporting documentation for your payments would include, but not limited to, your payment receipts, the student account statement or otherwise.  For questions regarding a student account, please contact our Student Account Coordinator, Ben Bateman at

To clarify information recorded on your 1098T Tax Form, or if you did not receive the form (and are eligible to receive one), you may send your inquiry via email to the 1098T Tax Form Email Hotline at or call the 1098T Tax Form Hotline (503) 352-3198, which is a voice mailbox (VM).  Include your name, phone number, student ID or SSN and your question, so that research can be done prior to responding.  If you are a parent calling on behalf of your student, you will have to be pre-authorized on the Business Office’s Student Contract Form.  The email and VM will be checked periodically and a response provided as soon as possible.

For all other 1098T tax questions, please consult your tax preparer. Pacific University cannot legally give you advice about your taxes.

Why would I not receive a 1098T Tax Form?

Potential reasons for not receiving a 1098T Tax form:

  • Students only taking courses for which no academic credit is offered.

  • Any student who does not have a United States Social Security Number in your system profile at Pacific University.

  • Students whose qualified tuition and related expenses are entirely covered by scholarships, grants, outside resources, government entities, tuition remission or exchange, other or combination thereof.

  • The preferred mailing address in your system profile at Pacific University is not current at the time the form is generated and mailed.  However, now the forms are also available at BoxerOnline for students eligible to receive one.  The BoxerOnline version begins with the 2011 tax year.  Tax form reprints for years prior to 2011 will have to be requested through the tax form hotline number or email.

  • Students who graduated during the calendar year, whose last semester attended was in Spring and tuition charges and fees for that Spring semester were posted to the student’s account in the prior calendar year, therefore included in the prior calendar year’s 1098T Tax Form.

For additional information, including specific instructions for the 1098T form and Publication 970 – Tax Benefits for Education, please visit


Student Loans

  • Do I need to sign a promissory note every year?
    Yes, contact the Financial Aid Office.
  • What do I do after I graduate?
    Update your contact information regularly. If you get married or move, let the loan company know as soon as possible.

  • What do I do if I can’t make a payment?
    Call Campus Partners at 800-334-8609 or Hope Villanueva at 503-352-2071.