Course: Smith-Magenis and Down Syndromes
Instructor: Lesley L. Walls, OD, MD, DOS Section: General Optometry/Functional Vision COPE Course ID: 40094-FV Expiration Date: January 10, 2017 Qualified Credits: 1 Credit - $ 39.00
The course is introduced with case presentations. Utilizing the cases, a review of basic science aspects of common congenital disorders is reviewed with both Down Syndrome and Smith-Magenis Syndrome being reviewed in detail. Ocular manifestations of these disorders is emphasized along with suggested optometric management.
The optometrist will be able to:
- Appreciate the manifestations of common congenital disorders
- Identify the ocular manifestations of common congenital disorders
- Understand the basic science aspects of the genomics in congenital disorders
- Be comfortable with the role of the optometrist in diagnosing and managing common congenital disorders
Also, the implications for the practice of optometry are discussed.
Steps to take this Course
Follow these steps to complete this course:
- View the course as a PDF. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- View the Images as a PDF. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Take the course examination.
- Upon completion and payment you will be issued a certificate.
Please send any questions or comments to email@example.com.