Who is Eligible?
Pacific University College of Optometry intends to enroll 20 students in InSight 2011.
Participants must meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrated interest in the health professions, ideally optometry
- Identify as part of an underrepresented minority group (Latino/a, African American, Native American, Pacific Islanders, etc)
Preferential treatment will be given to those applicants that display the following attributes:
- Sophomores in college are preferred, followed by Juniors, then Seniors
- First-generation college students
- Cumulative GPA above 2.75
- Identify as part of a minority group that is underrepresented in the profession of optometry (Latino/a, African American, Native American, Pacific Islanders, etc)
Additionally, please note:
- Out-of-state applicants are welcomed and encouraged to apply
- Applicants who have completed their undergraduate studies are eligible to apply
InSight 2011 Dates
InSight 2011 will be held on July 6, 7 and 8. Transportation will be provided to Pacific University from Portland International Airport on July 5 and July 11.
InSight attendees should plan to arrive at Portland International Airport (PDX) sometime between 3:00-5:00 pm on July 5. Attendees will meet InSight representatives in the baggage claim area of the airport. From there, shuttle transportation will be provided to Pacific University’s campus.
Attendees will be provided a visitor id card that will provide access to the residence hall and the dining hall. Rooms will be stocked with linens, pillows, and towels.