Cory Bolkan, PhD
Assistant Professor, Washington State University, Vancouver
- Adult development and aging
- Healthy aging
- Mental health in later life
- Personality development
- Family gerontology
- Bonner, LB., Lanto, A., Bolkan, C., Watson, G., Campbell, D. , Chaney, E., & Rubenstein, L. (in press). Help-seeking from clergy and spiritual counselors among Veterans with depression and PTSD in primary care. Journal of Religion and Health.
- Bolkan, C., Bonner, L.B., Campbell, D.G., Lanto, A.L., Zivin, K., Chaney, E.., & Rubenstein, L.R. (in press). Family involvement, medication adherence, and depression outcomes among patients in Veterans Affairs Primary Care . Psychiatric Services.
- Zivin, K., Campbell, D.G., Lanto, A., Chaney, E., Bolkan, C., Bonner, L., Miller, E., Valenstein, M., Waltz, T., & Rubenstein, L. (2012). Relationships between mood and employment over time among depressed primary care patients. General Hospital Psychiatry.
- Bolkan, C. & Hooker, K. (2012). Self-regulation and social cognition in adulthood: The gyroscope of personality. In M. Sliwinski and S. Whitbourne (Eds.) Handbook of Developmental Psychology: Adult Development and Aging (pp. 357-380). Wiley-Blackwell Publishers.
- Chaney, E., Rubenstein, L., Liu, C., Yano, E., Bolkan, C., Lee, M., Simon, B., Lanto, A., Felker, B., & Uman, J. (2011). Implementing collaborative care for depression treatment in primary care: A cluster randomized evaluation of a quality improvement practice redesign. Implementation Science, 6 (121). doi: 10.1186/1748-5908-6-121.
- Campbell, DG, Bonner, LB, Bolkan, C, Chaney, E., Felker, B, & Sherman, S., & Rubenstein, L. (2011). Suicide risk management: Development and analysis of a telephone-based approach to patient safety. Translational Behavioral Medicine, 1 (3), 372 – 383. doi: 10.1007/s13142-011-0055-x
- Bolkan, C., Sano, Y., De Costa, J. L., Acock, A. C., & Day, R. (2010). Early adolescents’perceptions of mothers’ and fathers’ parenting styles and problem behaviors. Marriage and Family Review, 46 (8), 563-579.
- Peters, C. & Bolkan, C. (2009). Measuring meaningful time experiences in intergenerational relationships. Michigan Family Review, 13, 21-31.
- Liu, F., Bolkan, C., Chan, D., Yano, E. M., Rubenstein, L., and Chaney, E. (2009). Dual use of VA and non-VA services among patients with depression. Journal of Internal Medicine.
- Bolkan, C., Mierdiercks, P., and Hooker, K. (2008). Stability and change in personality: Middle to old age. In M. C. Smith (Ed.), Handbook of Research on Adult Development and Learning, Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Inc.
- 2006 - 2008: Postdoctoral Fellow in Health Services Research. Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System and University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- 2006: Ph.D., Human Development and Family Sciences. Focus: Gerontology, Psychology. Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR
- 2003: M.S., Human Development and Family Sciences. Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR
- 1999: B.A., Psychology; B.A., Spanish. University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA