There is little to no wait to schedule an initial appointment. You must call to schedule an appointment; we are not a walk-in clinic.
Monday through Thursday: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Fridays: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturdays at Portland clinic: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Steps to scheduling an appointment
- Call our central number (Portland: 503-352-2400, Hillsboro: 503-352-7333) for a 10-15 minute free, confidential phone screen with an available clinician.
- The clinician will ask you some questions about what kinds of services you are looking for and tell you about our clinic services. If it sounds like we might offer the services you need, we will schedule you for a more detailed intake interview (usually 2 hours) within a day or two of you calling (depending on your schedule and ours).
- The intake interview takes 2 hours. You will come to the clinic, fill out paper work, pay for the intake appointment (see fees) and meet with a clinician for a confidential discussion of your concerns.
- Qualified clinic staff will review the information you provided to the clinician and determine if our clinic has the kinds of services you need. If our clinic seems to be a good match for your needs, you will receive a phone call from a therapist usually within 1 week of your intake interview. You will most often continue working with the same clinician you met with for intake, but you may be assigned to a different therapist if your schedule does not match the intake clinician's ongoing availability or if your needs would be better met by a different therapist.
$50 for 2 hour intake interview plus two or three assessment measures.
Therapy Session Fees
We offer a sliding scale fee based on US Department of Health & Human Services FPL determinations. Yearly household income and number of dependents are the main criteria in determining threapy session fees. Fees range from $20 to $60.
Discounted Session Fees for Full-Time Students and Veterans
We offer students and veterans or active military servicemembers our lowest fee of $20 per session.
All therapy groups are offered for $10 per session.
Comprehensive Psychological Evaluations
$500 flat-rate fee for cognitive and personality assessment services. Our most typical referrals for evaluation are questions related to possible learning disorder (LD) or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). We offer assessment services for children, adolescents, and adults.
We do not bill insurance carriers; most insurance carriers do not cover services at the clinic because our therapists are not licensed. We can supply clients with information regarding their treatment and payments if they file a claim with their insurance carrier but we cannot directly bill insurance.
Types of Clients Served
- College and graduate students
Types of Problems
We offer therapy and testing services to address a wide range of problems including but not limited to:
- Relationship problems
- Grief and loss
- Stress and trauma
- Learning disabilities and ADHD
Contracts with Community Partners
Contracts for Student Services
We have contracted with several area colleges, universities and institutes to provide psychological services to their students. Please call us to find out if your school provides you with this benefit at the Pacific Psychology Clinic.
Contracts for Multnomah County Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) referrals
We provide services to adult men and women who are survivors of sexual assault and are eligible for Oregon Crime Victim's Compensation Funds (CVF) for psychotherapy services. We do bill this fund on behalf of these clients. It is important that you notify us when you call that you are referred by SART, so we can make sure you will be seen by one of our therapists with specialized training.
Contracts for Washington County agency referrals
We have contracted with two departments in Washington County (Juvenile Justice Department and Disability, Aging, and Veteran Services) to offer psychological assessment and treatment to Spanish-speaking juvenile offenders and veterans, respectively. Please contact us to inquire about the specific benefits we offer.