Prerequisite Coursework & Unofficial Evaluation
Admitted students must be able to provide a final official transcript showing all prerequisite courses completed prior to May 1 of the year of entry.
|Biological Sciences - 11 semester hours|
Year-long series of Human Anatomy and Human Physiology with Labs which must be completed within seven years from matriculation. This may be satisfied with either a combined series of A&P with labs or separate semesters of Anatomy (lab required) and Physiology (lab recommended)
|1 Microbiology or Bacteriology course (Lab not required)|
|Chemistry - 11 semester hours|
|Year-long series of General Chemistry with labs (may not be introductory courses)|
|1 Organic or Biochemistry course (Lab not required)|
|Statistics - 3 semester hours|
|1 course - cannot be substituted with calculus or algebra|
|General Psychology or Sociology - 3 semester hours|
|1 Psychology or Sociology course|
|Recommended Additional Coursework|
|Pharmacology, Medical Terminology, Spanish, Abnormal Psychology, Development Psychology, Aging and Disabilities, Public Health, Technical Writing, Communications.|
|Conversion of Hours (Semester hours vs. Quarter hours)|
Note: All quarter hours must be converted into semester hours.
Unofficial Prerequisite Evaluation Worksheet
The Unofficial Prerequisite Evaluation Worksheet (PDF, updated July 2014) is to help you determine which prerequisites you have fulfilled and those which you have remaining to meet the prerequisite coursework for the School of Physician Assistant Studies.
Please note: You must use Adobe Reader to fill out the worksheet. If you do not have the software (available for free here: http://get.adobe.com/reader/) you can print the form and fill out by hand.
If you have questions about prerequisites, please contact:
To submit the worksheet:
Fax (503) 352-7290
Office of Admissions
190 SE 8th Avenue, Ste. 181
Hillsboro, Oregon, 97123 USA
English Language Proficiency Policy
A satisfactory command of the English language is required for admission to Pacific University, prior to admission. Please note that this requirement applies to all applicants if english is not their native language, including permanent residents and citizens.
Valid Proof of English Language Proficiency
The following criteria represent different ways to prove English proficiency for this program.
- Achieving the minimum required official score on the International Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam. Test scores are valid for 2 years after the test date, but will still be considered valid if the score exceeded the minimum requirement and you have maintained continuous residency in the United States since the exam date.
- Completion of a bachelor's, master’s, doctorate, or professional degree at an accredited college or university where English is the only language of instruction. Individuals who are in the process of earning a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution may be admitted to some programs.
Minimum Test Score Requirements
Minimum per section:
55 structure/written expression
Minimum per section:
Minimum sub scores per section:
Invalid Proof of English Language Proficiency
The following criteria represent different ways that indicate insufficient English skills to join this program.
- Test score less than Pacific’s minimum requirement;
- Test score more than two years old (unless you have lived in the United States since the exam date); or
- Institutional TOEFL score from any school except Pacific
- Completion of an English as a Second Language (ESL) program at any school
- Successful completion of English, writing, or literature courses at any college or university
- An associate’s degree from a community college in the United States