Influenza Information Page
The signifcant outbreak of "H1N1" influenza in past years has passed. While there is not a significant concern of such an outbreak for this flu season, it is still important to take proper care and precautions to avoid "common" forms of the flu and spreading general illness amongst your community.
The general information on hygiene and spreading of germs, contained in the links below, is still valid regardless of the particular flu strain. Take the time to review these links. Take care of yourself and take care not to share your illness when you can.
For more information regarding the prevention of influenza, spread of germs and illness, or just general health information contact the Student Health Center.
- H1N1 Questions & Answers (PDF, 116KB)
- Policy, Guidelines and Considerations for Flexible Work Schedules (PDF, 80KB)
- Policy, Guidelines and Considerations for Work at Home Agreements (PDF, 80KB)
CDC & Oregon State Notifications
- Follow the basic health and safety guidelines from the CDC and the governmental pandemic site: http://www.pandemicflu.gov/
- A question and answer link on H1N1: http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/qa.htm
- A household planning guide is available at http://www.pandemicflu.gov/plan/individual/checklist.html
- Oregon Department of Human Services H1N1 flu investigation website: www.flu.oregon.gov
- International information on H1N1 cases: www.who.int