How to Apply
The Fall 2014 Application Cycle is now closed.
The Fall 2015 Application Cycle will open in June.
In order to be reviewed, both the PharmCAS and Supplemental Applications must be completed.
Your application is not complete until the admissions office has received the PharmCAS application and the Pacific Supplemental application.
Fall 2014 (Now Closed)
June 2013 through December 2013 Now Closed
Application Final Deadlines
B. Pacific Supplemental
A.November 1, 2013
B.December 2, 2013
|Interviews||The interviews are scheduled for the following Saturdays: November 16, January 18, February 1, February 15, March 1|
Final Admissions Decisions:
Final Fall 2014 Application Deadlines
PharmCAS: Please be aware that the final deadline for the PharmCAS application is November 1, 2013. This means you must submit the application online by this date in order to have your application considered. You must also send all necessary materials to PharmCAS by this date. It can take PharmCAS up to 4 weeks to process an application. Please check the PharmCAS portal to find out the status of your PharmCAS application, your letters of reference and your supplemental application.
Pacific Supplemental: The final deadline for the Pacific supplemental application is December 2, 2013. You must sumit the application online by this date so it can be matched with your PharmCAS application that was submitted by November 1, 2013. Please check the PharmCAS portal to find out the status of your PharmCAS application, your letters of reference and your supplemental application.
To better understand how to complete an application for Pacific University School of Pharmacy, please read the application instructions below.
Rolling Admissions: The School of Pharmacy uses a "rolling admissions process" meaning completed applications are reviewed as we receive them. We do not wait until the deadline dates to review applications. It can benefit students to apply early in the cycle. Acceptance decisions are made after each interview day. This means more seats are available earlier in the application cycle.
PharmCAS Application Instructions
Your primary application will be submitted to PharmCAS (Pharmacy College Application Service). Below are some elements of the PharmCAS application to help you prepare.
- Qualifying GPAs – Your Science, Cumulative and last 45 semester credit hour GPAs must be a minimum of 2.7 in order to apply. Applications with a Science, Cumulative or Last 45 semester credit GPA below 2.7 will be considered incomplete and the applicaiton will not be reviewed.
- Reference Forms – Up to 4 references can be submitted to PharmCAS. Pacific University requires only two (2) reference forms from individuals (non-family members) who know you well and can comment objectively about your qualifications. Please follow the PharmCAS online instructions on how to gather reference forms.
Two references are required for a complete application
- References should be from college/university faculty members, advisors, pre-professional committees, supervisors, employers or licensed pharmacists that you have worked, volunteered or observed within a professional capacity.
- Personal Statement - This statement should not be repeated or rephrased within the Pacific University Supplemental Application essay requirements. This information is shared with all pharmacy programs you apply to on PharmCAS therefore it should be a general statement.
- Official Transcripts – Submit official transcripts from every college and university you have attended directly to PharmCAS.
- PCAT – Not required for Pacific University School of Pharmacy.
- TOEFL Scores – (For applicants whose first language is other than English) Official scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) are required to be submitted to PharmCAS. The Pacific University School of Pharmacy requires a minimum TOEFL score of: 600 paper-based, 250 computer-based or 100 internet-based, with minimum sub-section scores. More information about the English Proficiency Policy can be found within the Pacific University supplemental application. Please see the School of Pharmacy English Language Proficiency Policy for more information.
Pacific Supplemental Application Instructions
For an application to be considered complete, you must submit a PharmCAS application AND a Pacific Supplemental Application. The Supplemental Application is available in July. Below are the requirements of the supplemental application.
- Application Fee – A non-refundable supplemental application fee of $50. (U.S.) must be paid at the time you submit the online supplemental application. Once the application is submitted, you will have the option to pay online, via credit card or check.
- Application Information and Signature Page - You must complete all required information and electronically sign the signature line.
- Essays – Respond carefully to each essay as instructed in the supplemental application. Be aware that there are word limits for the essays. Through the essays questions, we are trying to learn something about you as an individual. Do not repeat or rephrase your Personal Statement from the PharmCAS application. The Option Essay (#3) is an opportunity to provide additional information about you for consideration.
- Re-applicants – You must reapply by completing the new Pacific University supplemental application AND a PharmCAS application. Transcripts must be sent to PharmCAS (not Pacific University). You must submit new reference forms via PharmCAS. Please note the additional re-applicant essay requirement in the Pacific University supplemental application. A re-applicant must also submit new material for Essay #1, #2 and #4.
- Prerequisite Worksheet – Please carefully read and follow the instructions at the top of the Prerequisite Worksheet form. Enter coursework you have completed or plan to complete by the start of the program in August 2014. For all planned courses to finish prerequisites, please list the dates when these courses will be completed. It is highly recommended that science prerequisite coursework by completed within the last seven (7) years.
- English Language Proficiency – All applicants whose first language is not English are required to demonstrate English proficient. Please read the instructions carefully and respond as appropriate in the supplemental application. Please see the School of Pharmacy English Language Proficiency Policy for more information.