Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) Program
The primary goal of the School of Physical Therapy is to graduate a well-rounded and highly competent clinician. Ten full-time faculty members with diverse clinical backgrounds, along with adjunct faculty, offer an entry-level curriculum that is well balanced in the areas of orthopedic, neurologic, and general physical therapy with attention to the needs of pediatric patients, geriatric patients, and other special populations.
Accredited since 1977, the School of Physical Therapy at Pacific University Oregon is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; website: http;//www.capteonline.org.
Pacific University is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU). For more information on the University’s accreditation, see www.pacificu.edu/academics/accreditation. For more information on the NWCCU, see www.nwccu.org.
Program Degree Requirements
Our program runs three academic years, with summers off. Starting at the end of the first year of study, clinical internships are intermixed with the academic coursework. By graduation, students have spent 36 weeks in full-time clinical internships. We currently affiliate with approximately 250 clinic sites in 13 states, with the majority in the Pacific Northwest.
Strengths of our Program
- Clinically experienced faculty
- Faculty that are easily accessible
- Promotion of a positive learning environment
- Bright, enthusiastic students
- Focus on ethics
- Focus on evidence based practice
- Attention to practice without referral
- 100% pass rate on the national licensing exam
- Clinical internship placements are determined by a committee of students
- As a part of the College of Health Professions, opportunities exist to interact with students in other health care fields
|National PT Examination (NPTE) Pass Rate|
|Class||Employment Upon Graduation||At 6 Months|