Pacific University is providing an opportunity for practicing physical therapists to build on their existing experience and earn a clinical doctoral level credential. The Transition DPT program will enable practitioners to augment clinical knowledge, skills and behaviors. Students pursue advanced understanding of clinical reasoning and evidence based practice through courses offered in a structured non-traditional format. A self-assessment of clinical practice patterns allows each participant to apply program content in meeting the demands of their unique practice environment.
Graduates of this program will be able to integrate the following into their professional practice:
- Enhanced reasoning skills for solving problems of patient management.
- Understanding and application of evidenced-based clinical practice.
- Enhanced abilities to meet the challenges of direct access/autonomous practice.
- Refined strategies for effective interaction in a variety of professional situations.
- Methods to optimize patient/client care outcomes.