School of Professional Psychology Faculty
BJ Scott, PsyD
Roles and Interests
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- APA Division 22 (Rehabilitation Psychology)
- APA Division 40 (Neuropsychology)
- APA Division 45 (Society for the Psychological Study of Ethnic Minority Issues)
- International Neuropsychological Society (INS)
- National Academy of Neuropsychology (NAN)
- Oregon Psychological Association (OPA)
- Hispanic Neuropsychological Society (HNS)
- Gharaeipour, M., & Scott, BJ (2012). Effects of cognitive rehabilitation on neurocognitive functions and psychiatric symptoms in schizophrenia inpatients. Schizophrenia Research, 142, 165-170. DOIz; 10.1016/j.schres, 2012.09.18
- Karimi, R., Pelham-Foster, S., Scott, B., & Aamodt, G. (2012). Developing and implementing an interprofessional course and identifying its strengths and challenges. Health and Interprofessional Practice 1(2):eP1019.
- Buhler, A. V., Farrell, K., Fuentes, D., Scott, BJ., Shaffer, K., & Von, M. (2011). An inter-professional case conference on alzheimer’s disease: Teaching students in the health professions to work together. Journal of Interprofessional Care, 25(3), 223-225.
- Jackson, K., Cawley, P., Hill, A., Krusen, N., Rodes, R., Sohner, S., & Scott, BJ. (2010). Palliative care. Common Knowledge, Pacific University Oregon. Available at: http://commons.pacificu.edu/icc/conferences/2010/1/.
- Buhler, A. V., Farrel, K., Fuentes, D., Scott, BJ., Shaffer, K., & Von, M. (2009) Alzheimer's disease: Mary's journey through the health-care system. Common Knowledge, Pacific University Oregon. Available at: http://commons.pacificu.edu/icc/conferences/2009/1/.
- Wong, C., & Scott, BJ. (2013, January) Akamai model of learning disorder assessment with native Hawaiians. Poster presentation at the National Multicultural Conference and Summit, Houston, TX.
- Scott, BJ., & Dumser, H. (2012, September). Determining civil capacity: An overview of assessment of functional capacity. Invited interprofessional presentation for continuing education at Pacifc University.
- Chan, L., & Scott, BJ. (2012, May). Health perceptions in individuals with chronic pain: Latinos and Caucasians. Poster presentation at Pacific University’s Diversity Day. Hillsboro, OR.
- Kleman, G., & Scott, BJ. (2012, February). The influence of verbal abilities on visuospatial reasoning. Poster presentation at the International Neuropsychological Society conference. Boston, MA.
- Bayer, Z., & Scott, BJ., (2011, February). The role of executive functioning in coping among those with a history of traumatic brain injury. Poster presentation at the International Neuropsychological Society. Boston, MA.
- Stelmokas, J., Scott, B.J., & Hunt, L. (2011, March). Alzheimer caregiver quality of life: An exploratory study of associations between neuropsychiatric symptoms and caregiver coping strategies. Poster presentation at the International Conference of Alzheimer’s Disease International. Toronto, Canada.
- Tollander, H., Stelmokas, J., Scott, BJ., & Wyman-Chick, K. (2011, February). The Integrated Visual and Auditory Continuous Performance Task: Can the symptomatic comprehension scale discriminate ADHD? Poster presentation at the International Neuropsychological Society. Boston, MA.
- Scott, BJ. (2010, September). Invited Address: Rehabilitation psychology. Presentation at the Oregon Lymphedema Society. Beaverton, OR.
- Scott, BJ. (2009, November). Informing recommendations using cognitive test scores. Continuing education address at Oregon State Hospital. Salem, OR.
- Scott, BJ. (2005, February). Behavioral management following brain injury. Invited Address Presentation at Georgia State University. Atlanta, GA.
- Scott, BJ., & Daniel, M. (2004, July/August). Effects of education and intellectual ability on memory test scores. Poster presented at the annual meeting of the American Psychological Association, Division 40. Honolulu, HI.
- Scott, BJ. (2002, August). Neuropsychological assessment of Hispanic American elders: Critical literature review. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the American Psychological Association. Chicago, IL.
BJ Scott, PsyD
Assistant Professor, PsyD Clinical Program