School of Professional Psychology Faculty
BJ Scott, Psy.D.
- APPCN post-doctoral fellowship in neuropsychology and rehabilitation psychology, Shepherd Center, Atlanta, GA, 2008
- Psy.D. Clinical Psychology; Concentration: Neuropsychology, Pacific University, Forest Grove, OR, 2006
- APA pre-doctoral internship, Missouri Health Sciences Psychology Consortium, Columbia, MO 2006
- M.S. Clinical Psychology; Pacific University, Forest Grove, OR, 2003
- B.A. Psychology, Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA, 1998
Roles and Interests
- Instructor: Neuropsychology, Psychopharmacology, Multicultural Assessment, Dementia & Aging (CHP Gerontology Program)
- Clinical Supervision: Hillsboro assessment team
- Supervise thesis and dissertation research
- Research Interests: Cross-cultural neuropsychology, rehabilitation psychology, disability, brain injury, aging
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- APA Division 22 (Rehabilitation Psychology)
- APA Division 40 (Neuropsychology)
- APA Division 45 (Society for the Psychological Study of Ethnic Minority Issues)
- International Neuropsychological Society (INS)
- National Academy of Neuropsychology (NAN)
- Oregon Psychological Association (OPA)
- Karimi, R, Pelham-Foster, S, Scott, B, Aamodt, G. (2012). Developing and Implementing an Interprofessional Course and Identifying Its Strengths and Challenges. Health and Interprofessional Practice 1(2):eP1019.
- Buhler, A.V., Farrell, K., Fuentes, D., Scott, B.J., Shaffer, K., & Von, M. (2011). An inter-professional case conference on Alzheimer’s disease: Teaching students in the health professions to work together. Journal of Interprofessional Care, 25(3), 223-225.
- Jackson, K., Cawley, P., Hill, A., Krusen, N., Rodes, R., Sohner, S., & Scott, B.J. (2010). Palliative Care. Common Knowledge, Pacific University Oregon. Available at: http://commons.pacificu.edu/icc/conferences/2010/1/.
- Buhler, A. V., Farrel, K., Fuentes, D., Scott, B. J., Shaffer, K., and Von, M. Alzheimer's Disease: Mary's Journey Through the Health-care System (2009). Common Knowledge, Pacific University Oregon. Available at: http://commons.pacificu.edu/icc/conferences/2009/1/.
- Daniel, M. & Scott, BJ (2005). Memory rehabilitation after traumatic brain injury. In M. Hersen and J. Rosqvist (Eds.), Encyclopedia of behavioral therapy and techniques, 1, 368-370. New York: Guilford Press.
- Scott, B.J. (2002). Neuropsychological assessment of Hispanic American elders: Critical literature review. Chicago, IL: American Psychological Association. (ERIC Document Reproduction Service No. ED 471 443).
- Chan, L., & Scott, B.J. (2012, May). Health perceptions in individuals with chronic pain: Latinos and Caucasians. Poster presentation at Pacific University’s Diversity Day. Hillsboro, OR.
- Kleman, G., & Scott, B.J. (2012, Feb). The influence of verbal abilities on visuospatial reasoning. Poster presentation at the International Neuropsychological Society conference. Boston, MA.
- Bayer, Z., & Scott, B.J. (2011, Feb). The role of executive functioning in coping among those with a history of traumatic brain injury. Poster presentation at the International Neuropsychological Society. Boston, MA.
- Stelmokas, J., Scott, B.J., & Hunt, L. (2011, Mar). Alzheimer caregiver quality of life: An exploratory study of associations between neuropsychiatric symptoms and caregiver coping strategies. Poster presentation at the International Conference of Alzheimer’s Disease International. Toronto, Canada.
- Tollander, H., Stelmokas, J., Scott, B.J., & Wyman-Chick, K. (2011, Feb). The Integrated Visual and Auditory Continuous Performance Task: Can the symptomatic Comprehension Scale discriminate ADHD? Poster presentation at the International Neuropsychological Society. Boston, MA.
- Scott, B.J. (2010, Sept). Invited Address: Rehabilitation psychology. Presentation at the Oregon Lymphedema Society. Beaverton, OR.
- Scott, B.J. (2009, Nov). Informing recommendations using cognitive test scores. Continuing education address at Oregon State Hospital. Salem, OR.
- Scott, B.J. (2005, Feb). Invited Address: Behavioral management following brain injury. Presentation at Georgia State University. Atlanta, GA.
- Scott, B.J., & Daniel, M. (2004, July/August). Effects of education and intellectual ability on memory test scores. Poster presented at the annual meeting of the American Psychological Association, Division 40. Honolulu, HI.
- Scott, B.J. (2002, August). Neuropsychological assessment of Hispanic American elders: Critical literature review. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the American Psychological Association. Chicago, IL.
BJ Scott, Psy.D.