Welcome To Pacific University's Newest Residence Hall
Cascade Hall is located on the northeast corner of campus conveniently located adjacent to Washburne University Center and easily accessible from all parts of campus. As a highly sustainable residence hall which focuses on a multitude of community spaces, Cascade Hall reinforces an already developing living and learning community on the Forest Grove Campus. This hall will be home to 198 coed residents. The hall consists of singles, doubles, deluxe doubles, and quad suites. This residence hall houses students that are generally 18 years old and older prior to the start of the Fall term.
All rooms are ADA adaptable.
Single Occupancy Unit:
23 single units
Each unit comes with a bed, desk, stackable drawers and dresser.
- extra long twin beds
- desk with desk chair
- stackable drawers
- Wireless Internet access throughout
- Energy efficient heating and cooling
- Keyless entry to main entrances
- Television hookup in bedroom units (cable service at student expense)
- Main floor lounges with fireplace, large screen TV and recreational game table
- Community kitchens on first and fourth floors for social gatherings
- Community study lounge on each floor
- mini blinds on all exterior windows
- Laundry room on first and third floors
- Vending machines
- Trash and recycling rooms
- Window seats and study alcoves in corridors
- All public areas are adjacent to large windows for natural daylight
- Covered porches and community BBQ areaCommunity kitchen for social gatherings
- Low Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) paint and carpeting throughout
- Recycled materials in concrete, steel, insulation and drywall
- Dual-flush toilets
- Low-flow plumbing fixtures
- Smart boxes that control heating & cooling
- Energy efficient mechanical systems
- Energy efficient lighting
- Water efficient landscaping
- Native plant species
- Reduced light pollution
- Energy efficient roofing materials
- Regionally harvested and manufactured materials
- Energy star rated washers and dryers
- Natural daylight
- The new residence hall will be staffed by a full-time Area Coordinator (AC), and paraprofessional Resident Assistants (RA).
- A RA is on call from 7pm-7am Sunday through Thursday and 24 hours-a-day on weekends and holidays.
- Property patrolled by Campus Public Safety.
- All exterior door entries will be controlled by card access.
- Residents can be a part of Hall Council to address concerns in the building, provide fellow students with social opportunities, and help secure amenities for the hall. Hall Council is a great way to develop as a leader while at Pacific. Hall Council members are elected at the beginning of the Fall semester.