2012-2013 Holiday Break Housing
The Residence Halls close for Holiday Break on December 13 at 12:00 pm (Noon) and re-open on January 2 at 12:00 pm (Noon).
If you would like to request permission to stay during any part of the Holiday Break, or should you anticipate needing access, you must be approved to do so through the Holiday Break Application. Students who are approved will be notified via their University email address with further instructions and details regarding services during the break period. If you need to stay for any dates in the middle of the break, you must request access for the entire Holiday Break (Those staying for Athletics should select this option).
No changes or cancellations will be accepted after December 13 at 12:00 (Noon). All fees will be applied directly to the applicant's student account by 5:00 pm on December 13.
Holiday Break Housing Options:
Option 1 - Access for the entire break (December 13 at 12:00 pm (Noon) through January 2 at 12:00 pm (Noon).
- $300.00 - applies only to residents that meet the published application deadline of November 30 at 12:00 pm (Noon).
- $350.00 - applies to residents that request housing after November 30 at 12:00 pm (Noon) but before December 13 at 12:00 pm (Noon).
- $400.00 - applies to residents that request housing after December 13 at 12:00 pm (Noon) but before December 21 at 12:00 pm (Noon).
Option 2 - Access to stay a few days late for travel purposes only. Residents may pay a per day rate if they are seeking to remain overnight on December 13, 14, 15. The cost is $50 per night. Stay until:
- Friday, December 14 at 12:00 pm (Noon) Fee: $50.00
- Saturday, December 15 at 12:00 pm (Noon) Fee: $100.00
- Sunday, December 16 at 12:00 pm (Noon) Fee: $150.00
LATE FEE: Requests received beyond the published application deadline of November 30 at 12:00 pm (Noon) will result in a $25 Housing Administrative fee in addition to the rent fees.
CANCELLATIONS: Residents who cancel their initial request between the application deadline of November 30 at 12:00 pm (Noon) through December 13 at 12:00 pm (Noon) will be assessed at $25 Housing Administrative fee. No changes or cancellations will be accepted after December 13 at 12:00 (Noon).
Holiday Break Policies, Expectations and Responsibilities
- All Housing & Residence Life policies as stated in the Residence Hall Handbook must be adhered to over the break period. One exception applies: no guests are permitted over the break. A guest is defined as any person that did not complete a Holiday Break Housing Application.
- Any vandalism that occurs over the break will have the cost split among the Holiday Break residents of that building as per the Group Billing policy – unless the person responsible is identified.
- All Holiday Break residents are required to check their University email regularly for any important information. Residents are also encouraged to sign up for BOXERalerts.
- All Holiday Break residents must agree that Facilities and Housing & Residence Life staff will be entering their units over the break to conduct safety inspections.
- All Holiday Break residents must understand that very limited services are available during break. The Housing Office is closed December 22 - January 1, so requests submitted when the office is closed will not be processed. In this case, individuals may need to look into hotels to cover their basic needs.
- There is no meal service during the Holiday Break except for limited service.
- All Holiday Break residents must report updates to their emergency contact or medical information to their Area Coordinator by December 13.
- All Holiday Break residents must be in good standing with the Conduct Board.
- Holiday Break Rent is collected for services including Holiday Break Resident Assistant compensation, custodial services, utility costs, and facilities services. Rent fees will be charged to your student account.