Photo by Reese Moriyama '10
The Department of Housing and the Department of Residence Life are excited to welcome you to the Pacific University community. As housing and residence life professionals we strive to provide a thriving residential community, which will enable your success here at Pacific.
Be sure to check out more information located on the Housing and Residence Life webpages. For your convenience here are a few links for information you might find useful.
For 2014-15 housing information check back in late April. The content on this page is for the current 2013-14 academic year.
To start the process of applying for housing you will need to have activated your Pacific University account (PUNet ID). If you haven’t done that yet, check your email for a message from the University titled "Your Pacific University Oregon Account." Further instructions may also be found here: www.pacificu.edu/uis/FirstTimeLogin.cfm. Once you have done this you may proceed to Step 1.
You will also need to have received an email from the Housing Office that is titled "Submit your Housing Application." This is sent to your Pacific email account and it is generally sent shortly after your enrollment deposit has been received by Admissions. Once you have received this email from the Housing Office, you may proceed to Step 2.
You will be using your PUNet ID and password to complete the necessary steps to apply for Housing. There are two steps:
- Submit online your $100 non-refundable Housing Application Fee.
- Complete and submit online your New Student Housing Application.
Click this link: “Pay $100 Housing Application Fee,” login using your PUNet ID and password.
Choose one of the following payment methods:
- Online by Credit/Debit Card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express only). An additional processing fee of 2.75% will be charged to your account.
- Online by Fund Transfer from your personal checking or savings account. You will need your bank routing number, and your checking or savings account number for this type of payment (see sample image below). There is no additional fee. These numbers are located on your personal checks or you can inquire with your bank.
- If you choose the Fund Transfer method of payment, it takes at least 10 business days for your requested transaction to be processed. If your bank determines there is a problem with insufficient funds or inaccurate account numbers, they will notify the University Business Office. If that happens, the Housing Office will be notified and you will receive an email to correct the issue so that you can continue through the online housing process. Your housing application will be processed once your “housing application fee” transaction has been approved.
- The $100 Housing Application Fee will be placed on your student account as a credit to off-set your room charge for the Fall term. This will be done in July. However, if you were to cancel your housing, this fee is non-refundable.
(See video below for step-by-step instructions)
You will receive an email from the Housing Office letting you know your Housing Application is ready to be completed. Login to our “Residence” system using your PUNet ID and password as soon as possible to complete and submit your application. The information collected will help us determine your housing assignment and future roommate(s). Answer the questions as accurately as possible, so the system can find the best match possible for you. You are strongly encouraged to complete your application by May 31. Applications will continue to be processed after this date as students are admitted and submit their enrollment deposit to the University Admission Office.
Room assignment and roommate information will be sent to your University email in mid-July for Fall semester assignments, in early December for Winter term assignments, and in early January for Spring semester assignments.
STEP 2 - VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS: