All students residing in University housing are required to live on campus for the duration of the contract terms (full academic year). A student may be released from the contract for reasons stated on page 8 in the Residence Hall Handbook.
If you will NOT reside in University housing after the Fall semester or after Winter term, and you meet one of the criteria for being released from your Housing Contract, you must notify the Housing Office by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 27 at 12:00 pm (noon).
Questions? Contact the Housing Office at email@example.com.
review this info:
Leaving After Fall Semester or Winter Term
Remember if you want to be approved by the Housig Office to check out of your room you must notify the Housing Office by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by November 27 at 12:00 pm (noon).
Housing contracts are binding for the full academic year. If you wish to move off campus you must meet the Residency Waiver criteria, and the request must be approved by the Residency Options Committee. Students moving off campus without committee approval may be held responsible for payment of both room and board fees through the end of the academic year.
- Download a Residency Waiver Request form.
- The completed request form must be returned to the Student Life Office by Monday, December 2 by 5:00 pm.
- Students will be notified of the committee decision via their University email address on Friday, December 6.
If you have been approved by the Housing Office to check out of your room because you are graduating, studying abroad, been approved to move off campus, or withdrawing from Pacific, you must complete the following steps:
- You must meet with a Resident Assistant to complete your Room Condition Report (RCR) and return your keys. Click here for information about the check-out process.
- You must check out of your room by the dates listed on the Winter Housing Process Timeline Calendar. These steps must be completed in order to avoid any fines as stated in the Residence Hall Handbook.
- You will continue to be billed for room and board until you have completed the check-out process. Once completed, your student account will be updated appropriately.
Room rates are billed on a two-semester basis which includes Winter term. However, students who are approved to vacate housing prior to the end of the Spring semester or those not housed during the Fall semester will be charged the standard weekly rate on a prorated basis for the month of January. No room refund will be issued for Winter term and your spring semester rent may be prorated. See the 2013-14 Academic Catalog, page 75, for details.
Staying for Winter Term and Spring Semester
You DO NOT need to inform the Housing Office of your plans if you are or are not enrolled in a Winter term course, as long as you will be returning to your room for the Spring semester. You may leave your belongings in your room.
The residence Halls typically open the day before Winter term classes begin (January 7). However, they will open at Noon on January 2 if students want to return early. Students need to be aware that there is limited meal service if they choose to come back prior to January 6 when regular meal service resumes.
Limited meal service is defined as limited hours of service, and limited menu items.
- Meal plan rates are billed on a two-semester basis, which includes Winter term. Your Fall meal plan ends on January 11 and your spring meal plan begins on January 12.
- Your Fall block meals will not transfer to the Spring semester but your declining balance will. At the end of the Spring semester, you can carry up to $100 of declining balance to Fall 2014 if you are enrolled for that semester.
- Meal plan changes are allowed during the first two weeks of Spring semester. Changes must be made using the Meal Plan Change Form in the Student Life Office during this time period.
Meal Plan Information
December 12-20 and January 2-3 - 8am - 3pm - (excludes weekend)
December 23 there will be free coffee service from 8am - 2pm.
January 2-3 - 12pm - 1pm & 5pm - 6pm (block meals can be used)
Bed bugs are a common occurence around the world. It is imperative that you educate yourself, so you are aware of what they look like, how to protect yourself, and what to do if you suspect you have them. Below are a few tips for traveling. For more tips on prevention, click here.
- When you get to your destination, immediately place all clothes from your luggage in the dryer for 20 minutes on high heat.
- Isolate luggage in a plastic bag and seal tightly.
- Remove clothing you are wearing and wash/dry on high heat.
- Treat luggage before packing with a hair dryer or steamer.
- Repeat process when you return to campus.
NOVEMBER 27: Housing status notification, and Holiday Break Housing Applications are due to the Housing Office by 12pm (Noon).
DECEMBER 2: Residency Waiver requests are due to the Housing Office by 5pm.
DECEMBER 3: Residency Options Committee begins review of Residency Waiver requests.
DECEMBER 4: Holiday Break Housing confirmation will be sent by University email by 5pm.
DECEMBER 6: Residency Options Committee decisions will be sent by University email.
DECEMBER 12: Residence Halls close at 12pm (Noon) for winter break for all students unless a request to stay during winter break has been approved by the Housing Office.
DECEMBER 12: Students not returning to Pacific, graduating, studying abroad, or have been approved to move off campus after Fall semester must have all belongings out of their residential space by 12pm (Noon).
JANUARY 2: Residence Halls reopen at 12pm (Noon). Limited meal service until breakfast on January 6.
JANUARY 7: Winter Term classes begin.
JANUARY 23: Students not returning to Pacific for Spring semester, graduating, studying abroad, or have been approved to move off campus after Winter term must have all belongings out of their residential space by 10am.
JANUARY 27: Spring semester classes begin.
JANUARY 27 - FEBRUARY 7: Meal Plan changes accepted in the Student Life Office (two weeks only).
FEBRUARY 10-21: Spring Room Change Period. Room Change Request Forms accepted in Student Life Office until February 22 by 5pm.