End of Fall 2012/Winter 2013 Housing Process
All students residing in housing are required to live on campus for the duration of the contract terms (full academic year). A student may be released from the contract for reasons stated on page 7 in the Residence Hall Handbook.
If you will NOT reside on campus after Fall semester or after Winter term, and meet one of the criteria for being released from your Housing Contract, you must complete the Housing Status Form.
All students should review the information below regarding meal plans, billing, calendar dates, and Holiday Housing. If you will be absent from campus for the Winter term only, you do not need to report this to the Housing Office.
Additionally, be on the lookout for important information about the end of Fall semester coming to you from your Area Coordinator (AC).
Questions? Contact Lisa Geraci (503-352-2821), Jean Flory (503-352-3158) or email@example.com.
If you are:
If you are:
If you need:
NOVEMBER 30: Housing Status Form due to Student Life Office by 12:00 pm (Noon).
Residency Waiver requests to move off-campus for Winter/Spring terms due to Student Life Office by 12:00 pm (noon). These forms may be picked up at the Student Life Office.
DECEMBER 3: Residency Options Committee begins review of Residency Waiver requests.
DECEMBER 5: Holiday Housing confirmation will be sent by University email by 5:00 pm.
DECEMBER 7: Residency Options Committee decisions will be sent by University email.
DECEMBER 13: Residence Halls close at 12:00 pm (Noon) for winter break unless a request to stay during winter break is approved by the Housing Office.
DECEMBER 13: Students not returning to Pacific, graduating, studying abroad or moving off campus after Fall semester must have all belongings out of their residential space by 12:00 pm (Noon).
JANUARY 2: Residence Halls reopen at 12:00 pm (Noon).
JANUARY 7: Winter Term classes begin.
JANUARY 23: Students not returning to Pacific for Spring semester, graduating, studying abroad or moving off campus after Winter term must have all belongings out of their residential space by 10:00 am.
JANUARY 28 : Spring semester classes begin
JANUARY 28 - FEBRUARY 8: Meal Plan changes accepted in the Student Life Office (two weeks only).
FEBRUARY 11 - 22: Spring Room Change Period. Room Change Request Forms accepted in Student Life Office until February 22 by 5:00 pm.
Leaving After Fall Semester or Winter Term
Housing contracts are binding for the full academic year and approved residency waivers are at the discretion of the Residency Options Committee.
- Residency Waiver Request forms can be picked up at the Student Life Office.
- They must be returned to the Student Life Office by Friday, November 30 at 12:00 pm (noon).
- Decisions will be sent to your University email address on Friday, December 7.
- Students moving off campus without committee approval may be held responsible for payment of both room and board fees through the end of the academic year.
If you anticipate moving off campus, you must fill out the Housing Status Form and turn into Student Life by Friday, November 30 at 12:00 pm (noon). Forms are available in the Student Life Office or you can download and print one. Late forms may be assessed a $25 Housing Administrative Fee.
If you are graduating, studying abroad, approved to move off campus or not returning to Pacific, you must check out of your room by completing the following steps:
- A Room Condition Report (RCR) must be completed with your Resident Assistant or Area Coordinator.
- You must check out of your room by the dates listed on the Winter Housing Process Timeline Calendar. These steps must be completed in order to avoid any fines as stated in Living On Campus: the Residence Hall Handbook.
- You will continue to be billed for room and board until your check-out paperwork is returned to the Housing Office by your Area Coordinator. Once received, your student account will be updated appropriately.
If you are planning on checking out of your room you must fill out the Housing Status Form and turn into Student Life by Friday, November 30 at 12:00 pm (noon). Forms are available in the Student Life Office or you can download and print one. Late forms may be assessed a $25 Housing Administrative Fee.
If you are graduating, studying abroad, approved to move off campus or not returning to Pacific, note the following information regarding room and meal plan rates:
- Room rates are billed on a two-semester basis which includes Winter term. However, students who choose to vacate housing prior to the end of the spring semster or those not housed during the fall semester will be charged the standard weekly rate on a prorated basis for the month of January. No room refund will be issued for Winter term and your Spring semester rent may be prorated. See the 2012-2013 A&S Catalog, page 257, for details.
- Meal plan rates are billed on a two-semester basis, which includes Winter term. Your Fall meal plan ends on January 11 and your Spring meal plan begins on January 12.
- Your Fall block meals will not transfer to the Spring semester but your declining balance will. At the end of the Spring semester, you can carry up to $100 of declining balance to Fall 2013 if you are enrolled for that Fall semester.
Remaining on Campus
Limited meal service is defined as limited hours of service, and limited menu items.
- Thursday, December 13 - Friday, December 21: 8am - 3pm (excludes weekend)
- Wednesday, January 2 - Sunday, January 6: 8am - 3pm
- Wednesday, January 2 - Saturday, January 5: 12pm - 1pm & 5pm - 6pm (block meals can be used)
NOTE: No dining services from December 22 - January 1. Regular dining services resume with brunch on Sunday, January 6.
Your Fall meal plan ends on January 11 and your Spring meal plan begins on January 12.
Meal plan changes will be allowed during the first two weeks of Spring semester. Changes must be made using the Meal Plan Change Form in the Student Life Office during this time period.
If you are not enrolled in a Winter term course or will be taking a Winter term course off campus, you DO NOT need to inform the Housing Office of your plans, as long as you will be returning to your room for the Spring semester.
If you will only be absent for the Winter term, you may leave your belongings in your room.