The Housing Lottery is a process for current students enrolled in Spring 2014 undergraduate classes at Pacific. This process will allow these students to select housing and roommates for the 2014-15 academic year. The entire Housing Lottery process will occur online. For additional information about the process click here.
All four Steps (If you will be selecting as an individual you may skip Step 3) have to be completed by the published deadlines to secure housing for next year.
- Step 1: Pay Housing Lottery Entrance Fee
- Step 2: Complete the Housing Lottery Application
- Step 3: Select Roommates/Group Leader
- Step 4: Room Selection
• Residence software system will be shut down for maintenance from 8am to 10am on the following dates: April 1-4, 8-11, 15-18, and 21-24.
Pay your $100 non-refundable Housing Lottery Entrance Fee by one of the following methods:
- ONLINE by CREDIT. An additional processing fee of 2.75% will be charged to your account.
- ONLINE by a Electronic Check. You will need your bank routing number, and the checking or savings account number the funds will be transferred from. These account numbers are located on your personal checks or you can inquire with your bank. There is no additional fee. NOTE: Be sure there is sufficient funds to cover the $100 fee. The transaction must clear your bank in order to be able to continue on through the Housing Lottery.
- The Housing Lottery Fee will be placed on your student account as a credit for Fall 2014. This will be done in July.
|Pay housing lottery entrance fee|
Click here to view a video tutorial of how to pay your housing lottery entrance fee, or view it below. Tip: For best quality, view the video in full-screen mode and click on the gear in the bottom-right corner and adjust the quality to 720p.
If you paid your Housing Lottery Entrance Fee by the March 6 deadline you will receive an email on Monday, March 10 with instructions on how to login to Residence. This is the software program you will use to complete the rest of the steps to select your Pacific University housing for the 2014-15 academic year.
On the lottery application you will need to select which lottery you are entering based on your eligibility. There will be two lottery options:
LOTTERY 1 - Vandervelden Court Lottery: April 8-11
LOTTERY 2 - Residence Halls Lottery (includes new residence hall): April 15-24
Once you are logged in to Residence you will click "Get Started" in the green box to begin Step 2 of the process. The deadline to complete and submit your housing application is Thursday, March 20 at Noon.
Click here to view a video tutorial of how to complete and submit your housing application, or view it below. Tip: For best quality, view the video in full-screen mode and click on the gear in the bottom-right corner and adjust the quality to 720p.
Students with approved Housing Lottery applications will receive an email on March 31 with instructions for Step 3 of the Housing Lottery process. This is to identify your roommates, form a roommate group, and designate a group leader. The group leader is the person who will set up the roommate group online in Residence and will do the room selection for the group in Step 4.
NOTE: If you will be selecting space for the 2014-15 academic year as an individual you may skip Step 3.
Once you are logged into Residence you will click "Group Setup" in the blue box to begin Step 3 of the process. The deadline to form a roommate group is Friday, April 4 by 5pm.
When selecting a room with roommates the individual lottery numbers are averaged to determine the group's room selection time.
Video instructions will be available soon.
Students with approved Housing Lottery applications will receive an email on April 7 with instructions for Step 4 of the Housing Lottery process; which is to select your room for the 2014-15 academic year. Remember if you are part of a group, your group leader will make the room selection for your group.
LOTTERY 1 Deadline - Vandervelden Court Lottery: April 8-11
LOTTERY 2 Deadline - Residence Halls Lottery (includes new residence hall): April 15-24
Video instructions will be available soon.
Copyright © Pacific University,
all rights reserved
Direct comments or question to firstname.lastname@example.org