Faculty and Staff Resources
What we do
Located in the Rogers Building, 2019 – 21st Avenue, Forest Grove (next to the Milky Way), our office is an overall events logistics support team for on-campus and off-campus clients to facilitate:
- Room Scheduling
- Room Setup and Takedown
- Technology Assistance
- Working with Catering
- Assisting with Rental Needs
- Summer Housing
- Risk Management
Our goal is to allow University event planners to focus on critical facets of events such as programming and hospitality and leave the logistics to us. In order to provide services we must receive requests in time to plan for scheduling. With more than 5,000 events and meetings scheduled throughout the year, early planning is crucial. All after-hours support staff are Pacific students who require advance scheduling.
Planning your event
Step 1: Determine your needs- the following is a list of helpful areas to consider when starting to plan an event:
- What type of event will it be? Meeting, conference, performance, outdoor or indoor venue
- When is the event? - Date, time and length of event
- How long will it take to set up and clean up before and after event?
- What A/V needs will your event require?
- What else is on calendar that day? Are there other events that day that would conflict with your event?
- How large is the event? - How many people will be attending, what type of seating will be needed, classroom style or collaborative table groupings
- What is your budget?- How much per person, total money available
- Will food be served? - Breakfast, lunch, dinner or snacks or maybe only beverages are needed.
Step 2: Turn in a completed Event Request Form to the campus scheduler (email completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off at Conference and Event Support Services office) at least two weeks prior to the day of your event.
Step 3: Scheduler will contact you to confirm request or find out more info before scheduling your event
Step 4: Based on size and scope of event, CESS staff will set up a meeting to review event plan, setup, clean up, A/V, catering, etc.
Step 5: Success!