Backpacking and Canoeing
About the Trip:
Cost of Attending: $300 (charged directly to student account)
Experience the Northwest like you never have before! This trip starts off by throwing a backpack on and hiking through the gorgeous Central Oregon scenery. On this section of trail you will gain valuable skills by using a map and compass, cooking delicious meals together and sleeping under the stars. Next, canoe down the unique Deschutes River, learning paddle skills to navigate the windy waterway. This trip can vary in the amount of time spent backpacking or canoeing, so keep your eyes open for updates!
After this five-day adventure your group will move into the classroom to explore these subjects in greater depth. Eight class sessions build on the adventure experience during Fall Semester 2014. This classroom time will help you continue building the friendships you established on the trip, better prepare you to succeed at Pacific and develop your leadership skills so you can impact people’s lives here and beyond.
August 15th at 2:30-4pm check in at the West Lawn with Voyage Coordinators
3-4pm Welcome by Orientation and Voyage Staff on the West Lawn
- After welcome, there is Sign, Shake and Ring with the president of the University, this is a strong Pacific Tradition and a great photo op!
- Move-in to dorm at 4:00-6:00 PM
- Students cannot move-in earlier unless approved by Coordinators. For students with late night flights, they may fly in August 15th and have a midnight check-in. Please let us know ASAP if you are doing this.
- Welcome BBQ for students and parents at 6:00-7:00 PM
- Parent orientation (parents only) at 7:00-9:00 PM
- Pre-Trip meeting (students only) 7:00-9:00 PM
- August 16th: Trip departure 8:00 AM
- August 20th: Trip return to campus
Please email email@example.com by August 5th if you need pickup from airport or train station.
Note: Times are subject to change.