Backpacking and Canoeing
About the Trip:
Cost of Attending: $325 (charged directly to student account)
Experience the Northwest like you never have before! This trip starts by throwing on a backpack and hiking through the gorgeous Central Oregon scenery. On this section of trail you will gain valuable skills by using a map and compass, cooking delicious meals together, and sleeping under the stars. Next, canoe down the unique Deschutes River, learning paddle skills to navigate the windy waterway. This trip can vary in the amount of time spent backpacking or canoeing, so keep your eyes open for updates!
Wave 3 (August 15th-20th)
- August 15th at 12:30-1:30 PM check in at the West Lawn with Voyage Coordinators
- 12:30-1:30 PM Welcome by Orientation and Voyage Staff on the West Lawn
- After Welcome, there is Sign, Shake and Ring with the president of the University, this is a strong Pacific Tradition and a great photo op!
- Move-in to dorms @ 1:00-4:00 PM Students cannot move-in earlier unless approved by Coordinators. Students with late night flights may fly in August 15th and have a midnight check-in. Please let us know ASAP if you are doing this.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by August 1st if you need pick-up from the airport or train station.
- Parent orientation (parents only) @ 4:00-5:30 PM
- Welcome BBQ for students and parents @ 5:30-6:30 PM
- Pre-Trip meeting (students only) @ 6:30-9:00 PM
- Trip departure August 16th @ 8:00 AM
- All Trips return August 20th
Note: Times are subject to change.
Please email email@example.com by August 1st if you need pickup from airport or train station.