Portland Civic Engagement Voyage: Urban Adventure!
Cost of Trip: $300 (Will be charged directly to your student account)
August 16th at 2:30-4pm check in at the West Lawn with Voyage Coordinators
3-4pm Welcome by Orientation and Voyage Staff on the West Lawn
- After welcome, there is Sign, Shake and Ring with the president of the University, this is a strong Pacific Tradition and a great photo op!
- Move-in to dorms @ 4:00-6:00 PM
- Students cannot move-in earlier unless approved by Coordinators. For students with late night flights, they may fly in August 15th and have a midnight check-in. Please let us know ASAP if you are doing this.
- Please email email@example.com by August 5th if you need pickup from airport or train station
- Welcome BBQ for students and parents August 16 @ 6:00-7:00 PM
- Parent orientation (parents only) @ 7:00-9:00 PM
- Pre-Trip meeting (students only) @ 7:00-9:00 PM
- Trip departure August 17 @ 8:00 AM
- Trip return August 21
- Eight class sessions build on the adventure experience during Fall Semester 2013
Note: Times are subject to change.
About the Trip:
This trip focuses on a different aspect of Civic Engagement every day. Serve in organizations that grow their own food and combat hunger. Share your experiences while eating with others. The Portland Metro Voyage will focus on the challenges and opportunities of food and hunger in urban areas. Stay at hostels, backyard camping and urban farms. You'll also spend a day bike touring to different sites and urban projects. The trip is in the making but here are a few potential places you will be visiting or staying:
*This voyage requires the ability to ride a bicycle and handle some physical activity (such as gardening).