Backpacking in Thielsen National Forest
Cost of Attending: $300 (charged directly to student account)
Join us on a section hike of the world-renowned Pacific Crest Trail. This trip will take you through Thielsen National Forest right next to the jagged Mount Thielsen. Students will camp at stunning creeks and travel through high alpine meadows and forests. This trip is great for beginner and experienced hikers and for anyone who appreciates the great outdoors.
After this five-day adventure your group will move into the classroom to explore these subjects in greater depth. This classroom time will help you continue building the friendships you established on the trip, better prepare you to succeed at Pacific and develop your leadership skills so you can impact people’s lives here and beyond.
August 15th at 2:30-3pm check in at the West Lawn with Voyage Coordinators
3-4pm Welcome by Orientation and Voyage Staff on the West Lawn
- After welcome, there is Sign, Shake and Ring with the president of the University, this is a strong Pacific Tradition and a great photo op!
- Move-in to dorm @ 4:00-6:00pm
- Students cannot move-in earlier unless approved by Coordinators. For students with late night flights, they may fly in August 15th and have a midnight check-in. Please let us know ASAP if you are doing this.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by August 5th if you need pickup from airport or train station
- Welcome BBQ for students and parents August 16 @ 6:00-7:00 PM
- Parent orientation (parents only) @ 7:00-9:00 PM
- Pre-Trip meeting (students only) @ 7:00pm-9:00 PM
- Trip departure August 16th @ 8:00 AM
- Trip return August 20th
- Eight class sessions build on the adventure experience during Fall Semester 2013
Note: Times are subject to change.