Surfing at the Oregon Coast
Cost of Attending: $300 (charged directly to student account)
This adventure includes five days of surfing and camping at Oregon State Parks on the northern coast. Walk along sandy beaches at sunset, gather around beach fires, all while relaxing and connecting with new friends. We provide the wetsuits, surfboards, surf know-how, amazing scenery and great waves. In the evening enjoy great food and discussion, all while being right there on the coast!
After this five-day adventure your group will move into the classroom to dive deeper into these subjects. This classroom time will help you continue building the friendships you established on the trip, better prepare you to succeed at Pacific and develop your leadership skills so that you can increase your impact on people's lives. Join us for a once in a life-time experience.
August 16th at 2:30-4pm check in at the West Lawn with Voyage Coordinators
3-4pm Welcome by Orientation and Voyage Staff on the West Lawn
- After welcome, there is Sign, Shake and Ring with the president of the University, this is a strong Pacific Tradition and a great photo op!
- Move-in to dorm@ 4:00-6:00 PM
- Students cannot move-in earlier unless approved by Coordinators. For students with late night flights, they may fly in August 15th and have a midnight check-in. Please let us know ASAP if you are doing this.
- Please email email@example.com by August 5th if you need pickup from airport or train station
- Welcome BBQ for students and parents August 16 @ 6:00-7:00 PM
- Parent orientation (parents only) @ 7:00-9:00 PM
- Pre-Trip meeting (students only)@ 7:00-9:00 PM
- Trip departure August 17 @ 8:00 AM
- Trip return August 21
- Eight class sessions build on the adventure experience during Fall Semester 2013
Note: Times are subject to change.