Multi-Element Cabin Based Trips: Central Oregon
Cost of Attending: $400 (charged directly to student account)
Central Oregon has some of the best wilderness areas on the West coast. Paddle around beautiful lakes, hike through dense forests, and rock climb at Smith Rocks, one of the most famous places to climb in the world. Enjoy your stay in quaint cabins while canoeing and hiking, and pitch tents at a campground full of views at Smith Rock. This varied and beautiful trip will be sure to inspire you to discover the rest of Oregon!
After this four-day adventure your group will move into the classroom to explore these subjects in greater depth. This classroom time will help you continue building the friendships you established on the trip, better prepare you to succeed at Pacific, and develop your leadership skills so you can impact people's lives here and beyond.
Wave 2 Trip Logistics
August 17th at 2:30-3pm check in at the West Lawn with Voyage Coordinators
3-4pm Welcome by Orientation and Voyage Staff on the West Lawn
- After welcome, there is Sign, Shake and Ring with the president of the University, this is a strong Pacific Tradition and a great photo op!
- Move-in to dorm August 17@ 4:00-6:00 PM
- Students cannot move-in earlier unless approved by Coordinators. For students with late night flights, they may fly in August 16th and have a midnight check-in. If they fly in the evening of August 17th they cannot check into their room, but we will provide lodging. Please let us know ASAP if you are doing this.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by August 5th if you need pickup from airport or train station
- Welcome BBQ for students and parents August 17 @ 6:00-7:00 PM
- Parent orientation (parents only) @ 7:00-9:00 PM
- Pre-Trip meeting (students only) @ 7:00 - 9:00 PM
- Trip departure August 18th @ 8:00 AM
- Trip return August 21st
- Eight class sessions build on the adventure experience during Fall Semester 2013