Climbing at Smith Rocks, OR
Cost of Attending: $300 (charged directly to student account)
Imagine towering volcanic cliffs with a meandering river flowing below, and the cascade volcanoes of the Three Sisters wilderness in the background. Camp and experience a world class climbing area which reinvented the sport of climbing. Smith Rock provides easy routes as well as some of the hardest routes in the world; so we will find the perfect route for you! If you have never climbed outdoors before this is a great place to start, but you can also build your strength as a seasoned climber! This voyage not only includes 4 days of climbing at Smith Rock but one bonus day of floating the Deschutes River.
After this five-day adventure your group will move into the classroom to dive deeper into your experience and your transition. This classroom time will help you continue building the friendships you established on the trip, better prepare you to succeed at Pacific and develop your leadership skills so that you can increase your impact on people's lives. Join us for a once in a lifetime experience.
August 15th at 2:30-4pm check in at the West Lawn with Voyage Coordinators
3-4pm Welcome by Orientation and Voyage Staff on the West Lawn
- After welcome, there is Sign, Shake and Ring with the president of the University, this is a strong Pacific Tradition and a great photo op!
- Move-in to dorm @ 4:00-6:00 PM
- Students cannot move-in earlier unless approved by Coordinators. For students with late night flights, they may fly in August 15th and have a midnight check-in. Please let us know ASAP if you are doing this.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by August 5th if you need pickup from airport or train station
- Welcome BBQ for students and parents August 15th @ 6:00-7:00 PM
- Parent orientation (parents only) @ 7:00-9:00 PM
- Pre-Trip meeting (students only) @ 7:00-9:00 PM
- Trip departure August 16th @ 8:00 AM
- Trip return August 20th
- Eight class sessions build on the adventure experience during Fall Semester 2013