Climbing at Smith Rocks, OR
Cost of Attending: $300 (charged directly to student account)
Picture this: towering orange sandstone cliffs, a meandering river flowing below, and cascade volcanoes in the background. You can be there! Camp a short hike from this world-renowned climbing area, while always having access to running water and bathroom facilities. Smith Rocks provide climbing routes for all levels of climbers, so whether beginner or experienced, we'll find the perfect route for you! If you have never climbed outdoor before this is a great place to start, but you can also build your strength as a seasoned climber too! You will climb for four days and spend the final day swimming and relaxing at a nearby reservoir.
After this five-day adventure your group will move into the classroom to dive deeper into your experience and your transition. This classroom time will help you continue building the friendships you established on the trip, better prepare you to succeed at Pacific and develop your leadership skills so that you can increase your impact on people's lives. Join us for a once in a lifetime experience.
August 16th at 2:30-4pm check in at the West Lawn with Voyage Coordinators
3-4pm Welcome by Orientation and Voyage Staff on the West Lawn
- After welcome, there is Sign, Shake and Ring with the president of the University, this is a strong Pacific Tradition and a great photo op!
- Move-in to dorm @ 4:00-6:00 PM
- Students cannot move-in earlier unless approved by Coordinators. For students with late night flights, they may fly in August 15th and have a midnight check-in. Please let us know ASAP if you are doing this.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by August 5th if you need pickup from airport or train station
- Welcome BBQ for students and parents August 16 @ 6:00-7:00 PM
- Parent orientation (parents only) @ 7:00-9:00 PM
- Pre-Trip meeting (students only) @ 7:00-9:00 PM
- Trip departure August 17 @ 8:00 AM
- Trip return August 21
- Eight class sessions build on the adventure experience during Fall Semester 2013