Sea Kayaking on the Puget Sound, WA
Cost of Attending: $300 (charged directly to student account)
Spend five days paddling one of the most breathtaking areas of Washington. Experience the beauty of the Northwest through the eyes of a kayaker. Enjoy paddling the tidal waters around the South Puget Sound, exploring some of its island trails, and sharing the camp experience with new friends. This trip is designed for first time paddlers and experienced paddlers alike.
After this five-day adventure your group will move into the classroom to explore these subjects in great depth. This classroom time will help you continue building the friendships you established on the trip, better prepare you to succeed at Pacific and develop your leadership skills so you can impact people’s lives here and beyond.
August 15th at 2:30-4pm check in at the West Lawn with Voyage Coordinators
3-4pm Welcome by Orientation and Voyage Staff on the West Lawn
- After welcome, there is Sign, Shake and Ring with the president of the University, this is a strong Pacific Tradition and a great photo op!
- Move-in to dorm @ 4:00-6:00 PM
- Students cannot move-in earlier unless approved by Coordinators. For students with late night flights, they may fly in August 15th and have a midnight check-in. Please let us know ASAP if you are doing this.
- Please email email@example.com by August 5th if you need pickup from airport or train station
- Welcome BBQ for students and parents August 16 @ 6:00-7:00 PM
- Parent orientation (parents only) @ 7:00 -9:00 PM
- Pre-Trip meeting (students only)@ 7:00 - 9:00 PM
- Trip departure August 16th @ 8:00 AM
- Trip return August 20th
- Eight class sessions build on the adventure experience during Fall Semester 2013
Note: Times are subject to change