Peer Tutoring at the TLC | TLC Schedule
The Tutoring and Learning Centers offers peer tutoring to undergraduate students in the College of Arts and Sciences at the Forest Grove campus. All tutoring is provided by fellow undergraduate students who have demonstrated mastery in the subject and are recommended by the department to help other students learn.
- Provide you with guidance in understanding and solving the problem.
- Help you identify and correct recurring errors.
- Review and help clarify assignments.
- Help you understand concepts that the instructor has already presented in class.
- Demonstrate similar processes and refer you to other sources.
- Help you understand the ideas presented in your textbook.
- Ask questions that will help you in the problem solving process.
- Provide you with additional examples and practice problems.
- Teach new material missed in class. Tutoring is not a substitute for classroom instruction.
- Tutors cannot do your homework for you.
- Guarantee an error-free assignment or a better grade. It is still your responsibility to do the work.
- Help with take-home or make-up tests.
- Check all homework problems.
- Proofread or review papers or assignments the instructor has determined is the student’s responsibility.
Peer tutors are available for:
- Accounting (BA 201, BA 202)
- Biology (BIO 200, 201)
- Chemistry (CHEM 220, 230, 300)
- Economics (ECON 101, 102)
- Mathematics (MATH 122, 125, 226, 227, 228, 240)
- Physics (PHY 202, 204, 232, 242)
- Statistics (MATH 207, SOC 301)
- Writing (FYS, ENGW help with classroom writing assignments and IRB research projects)
- World Languages (FREN 101/102, CHIN 101/102, GER 101/102, JAPN 101/102, SPAN 101/102)
Are you struggling academically and in need of an academic coach? If so, contact the Associate Dean of Arts and Sciences, Steve Smith, at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment.
TLC Hours and Location
The TLC is located in Scott Hall 100B4, co-located with the CLIC. The centers features high-tech, multi-functional space, a computer lab, a theater, and an individual study room for student use, as well as lots of comfortable chairs and tables inside and outside the center. It's a great alternative study space to the library.
- Sunday through Thursday evenings from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.,
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- The TLC is closed on Fridays and Saturdays.
TLC Peer Tutor Appointment Request (if you are unable to attend drop-in hours)